Need Heatsink for DFI Ultra D Nforce 4,will the enzotech fit

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

comfortablynumb

Need Heatsink for DFI Ultra D Nforce 4,will the enzotech fit

Post by comfortablynumb » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:33 am

I have an older mobo, DFI Ultra D(socket 939 AMD) with an NFORCE 4 chipset. The fan is on it's last breath as I type this..

I was wondering if this Enzotech CNB-S1Lwill fit and or work? I'm open to any other suggestions as well.

Gojira-X

Post by Gojira-X » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:37 pm

It looks like it would. I'd say the best thing to do, would be take that rubbish fan off the chipset and measure the distance between the pins, if its within the tolerances for Enzotech cooler, then you can install with the knowledge that it'll fit.

You could always try the venerable Zalman NB-47J or the NB-32K. These Two are adjustable and as such would be more accomadating if the pins are a weird distance apart.

ntavlas

Post by ntavlas » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:17 pm

To make sure you can measure the distance between the pushpins (center to center) and see if it matches the enzotech. I`d go for a taller design like the cnb-s1, if that`s possible. If it doesn`t fit you could always go for the zalman which is also cheaper.

comfortablynumb

Post by comfortablynumb » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Thanks for the replies, upon further investigation I decided to order theEvercool VC-RE I really wanted to get away from fans, but supposedly it's quieter and it's recommended by DFI for this board as a direct replacement. All in all about 10 bucks with Egg Saver shipping so I'll try it....