Pegatron IPX7A-ION330

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

funklizard

Re: Pegatron IPX7A-ION330

Post by funklizard » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 am

hramrach wrote:The most serious problem is lack of support.
Logic Supply should be providing you with support. Have you tried contacting them about these issues?

Given that the Zotac IONITX-F-E is due out in a couple of weeks, I can't say that I'd recommend this board right now, either. But the problems you're reporting are not normal.

hramrach

Re: Pegatron IPX7A-ION330

Post by hramrach » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:03 am

funklizard wrote:
hramrach wrote:The most serious problem is lack of support.
Logic Supply should be providing you with support. Have you tried contacting them about these issues?

Given that the Zotac IONITX-F-E is due out in a couple of weeks, I can't say that I'd recommend this board right now, either. But the problems you're reporting are not normal.
It's normal to experience issues with a PC mainboard. It's way more complex than a tool like hammer which just works or breaks completely.

Most PC mainboards do have some issues, and it's thanks to support resources from the board manufacturer or PC system manufacturer that document these issues that you can resolve or work around the problems with ease.

I did not buy the board from LogicSupply, and the retailer that sold it provided a BIOS that is broken in exactly the same way the one from LogicSupply is.

I don't think I can blame them (I mean LogicSupply or other retailers who want to include the first Ion based board among their offer). However, the manufacturer does not support the board, it's meant for OEM PC builders or such. Whoever got the idea to resell the boards as end-user product can get to lower price tag because they do not pay the support costs. Neither the manufacturer nor anybody else is maintaining a site with support resources for these products.

savocanberra

Post by savocanberra » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi All,

Here is a CPU overclocking HACK for the ION330 M/B boards using the Nvidia MCP7A-ION. e.g. POV ION330, etc....

I have attached the files required.

http://rapidshare.com/files/317763065/C ... y-Savo.zip

ENJOY!!!!

Savo

StartledPancake

Post by StartledPancake » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:47 am

savocanberra wrote:Hi All,

Here is a CPU overclocking HACK for the ION330 M/B boards using the Nvidia MCP7A-ION. e.g. POV ION330, etc....

I have attached the files required.

http://rapidshare.com/files/317763065/C ... y-Savo.zip

ENJOY!!!!

Savo

Ill give this a try tonight on my PoV board, if it works thanks very much indeed. Ifs its a virus or a trojan, theres gonna be trouble... :D

Could you tell us what you did in the Asrock app to allow software overclocking?

StartledPancake

Post by StartledPancake » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:41 am

This works a treat, thanks very much!

savocanberra

Post by savocanberra » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Your welcome!

Anyone interested in Overclocking there GPU you can use http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

Keep an eye on the temp's.

ENJOY!