What is the difference between industrial motherboards and commercial motherboards?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Duke97

What is the difference between industrial motherboards and commercial motherboards?

Post by Duke97 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi everyone, I am a novice. I am a little confused about the motherboard, I hope someone can answer.
What is the difference between a commercial motherboard and an industrial motherboard? What is so good about industrial motherboards? What's the good thing? Why is the price of industrial motherboards higher than commercial motherboards?

CA_Steve

Re: What is the difference between industrial motherboards and commercial motherboards?

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:10 am

Welcome to SPCR.

Not sure what you mean by "industrial" motherboard. There are some motherboards that serve industrial needs - like still providing a serial port or maybe supporting an extended temperature range.

Duke97

Re: What is the difference between industrial motherboards and commercial motherboards?

Post by Duke97 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:57 pm

I think some people call it military, but more people call it industrial. I don't know the specifics. I am very sorry for making you confused.

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:57 pm

I would suggest that "Industrial" motherboards are specially designed for a specific purpose. Should use non-standard form factor and a very specific equipment/features for its intended use.