suggestion for full desktop system

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

nimo11

Re: suggestion for full desktop system

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:03 am

if it's the rear typ c for audio, i 'm not sure i will use it.
i saw that fractal 7 has front type c , so will it work with this board?
i read that this board does not have integrated vrm sensor on board.
is it something i have to worry of?
what do you think about GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX compare to the asus?
any way, please recommend be on the best for my needs, i don't care to pay a bit more.

as for the cooling. after reading in several more places, and since my main purpose is silence, even in the cost of some temp. i started to think seriously on the be quiet dark rock pro 4. i understand that for optimum it steel better to adjust the fan curve.
can this cooler work with reasonable heat with only one fan?

i understand that with this cooler we will need to choose low profile rams.

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:47 am

Yes, Define 7 has front Type C and the problem with this ASUS board was they typed all USB ports in various parts of specification, so made it look like this board has them more than in reality. That's why other manufacturers really visibly divide boards specifications into internal and external categories and don't type single thing two (or maybe more) times to prevent such problems. ASUS also divided it like that, but the problem is, they added also USB Types section. Normally what isn't mentioned in external panel spec, but is mentioned anywhere else, concerns mobo's internal layout. But the number and types of ones mentioned in USB Types section isn't the same as sum of ones mentioned in internal and external sections as it should be, so it's a mistake, which futher suggest that USB Types section being only about internal layout, so your desired USB type C plug on Define 7 front looks covered here. Now I found also mistake in naming USB 3.0 with 2.0, so it's all just complete mess made by Asus worker, but maybe it's only polish version of board's site. It all doesn't matter as I would check it all when finalizing your build with manual, but my advice is - in terms of hardware never fully trust specs on even official sites, ones on shops sites and reviews are even worse, but manuals should have all of the info needed and even more. It's only a little more effort to check all like that. Or zoom the board's photo and manually count every connector :D

Don't worry about anything VRM connected. You don't plan to overclock and we don't discuss here about some budget boards. This Asus board represents way more than you need in terms of VRM with any Ryzen CPU.

This PRO AX board is ITX size, so no. Only one advantage of ITX boards is their small size, which you don't need and from your perspective there're only disadvantages like poor amount of ram slots or connectors.

For you wanting wi-fi, internal USB C and decent audio I find the best option to be MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wi-fi ( not B550I !). Coming back to your previous question, I doubt you need it, but to be precise, there's just one board supporting more than one PCIe 4.0 storage and it's Aorus Master, but no internal USB-C. Other ones just have one 4.0.

Dark Rock Pro 4 will cool easily 5800X - question only how quietly. It should give you similar temps with only one middle fan installed, but I don't see a point. Thing with two fans vs one on the same cooler I've never seen working other than that: running full speed two fans cool just few unimportant degrees better, but are noisier than one. When noise normalized two fans still cool better, but the difference is even smaller than full speed comparison. So my point is, if you buy cooler with two fans, use both. If you see a cooler, which gives options to buy it with one or two fans, this secound fan serves mostly to get more money from you.

Yes, you have to calculate the ram modules height with D15 and DRP4, but there're also possible incompatiblity issues connected to case or mobo.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:20 am

yes you right about mistakes on official specs and the manual is usually the best thing to check.
i had that experience with other products.
so let me understand in amateur language.
if i connect a type-c cable. for my phone , or something else , to the type c input of fractal 7, with this mobo. it will work?
i think that usb type c is faster than usb 3.0.
the Aorus Master is a lot expansive here, so i think i'll stop with the budget of other two we have.
the only thing i was thinking about second PCIe 4.0 is when i will use now the main ssd for o.s and programs, and maybe a second ssd for storage.( photos, music, movies , documents etc).
right now i store on mechanical hdd.
but for that purpose i think i can live for also with 3.0.
so i will take a look of the two we have:
asus ROG-STRIX-B550-F-GAMING-WI-FI
and- MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi which from a short search i'm not sure they carry this one here, or still hasn't arrived .

about the cooler , do i hear any hesitation that going on the Dark Rock Pro 4 is the right choice for me, or i'm wrong?
i am asking it due to "question only how quietly".

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:25 am

edit

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:15 am

this is one of the suggestions i got from plonter.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B5 ... -rev-10#kf
there should be also wifi version for this one, but cant find it here.
if i'll let go the wifi, do you think this board has some advantages over the ROG-STRIX-B550-F-GAMING-WI-FI ?
couldn't find reviews about it

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:42 am

If Define 7 USB C plug will be connected to motherboard with such connector, it will work. With Asus board you would just need to plug your device to external panel of motherboard on the back wall of computer. So MSI board will just utilize case's connector and it also has one USB C on back panel, so one more C going with MSI. Remember, that you can always buy separate PCIe cards with various types of connectors (e.g USB C or SATA for more drives), so no worry, that you will run out of some and need to change motherboard to get more ;)

Google for speeds of various USBs. These whole USB topic is terrible, so there's a lot of articles explaining it.

Aorus Master is just the best B550 and one unique, I mentioned only because I've should mentioned it before. Similar story is with X570 boards, where Aorus released the only one without chipset fan and it's also quite high priced.

You have only one option of PCIe 4.0, so better choose wisely capacity of drive you'll put here, but keep in mind, that you will use it only for system and anything utilizing it's speed in the future. For just keeping documents or photos the best are SATA SSDs. You have some old disks, you want to put into this computer. What kind and how many?

There's also B550 MSI Gaming Carbon Wifi board, which is a little higher positioned than Gaming Edge, so you can check it too. If I remember well, this board differs from Gaming Edge mostly with few more USB ports and having one more M2 heatsink. It seems also weaker in terms of VRM temps than cheaper one, but I wouldn't care. As I told you, not position on the graphs, but numbers matter and both boards do fine. If you resign from integrated wi-fi, we would have bigger choice of boards and for example ones with super-duper audio section, but ones on MSI boards are good enough to not care. I have to sit and compare Aorus Pro V2 you posted with ASUS board, but from the first look it has richer external panel, best audio codec (ASUS' has poorer version of this one, but it really doesn't matter) and desired internal USB C. So decide, if we let go wi-fi, because I gave you all of my possible recomendations in terms of good+good audio+wi-fi+internal USB C B550 boards.

If you won't be satisfied with Dark Rock Pro 4, you wouldn't be satisfied with D15 also. My recomendation is go with Pro, because difference between these coolers is that low to not care and I like the sound of be quiet! fans more.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:01 am

so we are already one more step forward.
it will be the Dark Rock Pro 4.
so the last main component left to decide is the mobo.

separate PCIe cards will be also on the back.
yes i am planning to use for storage ssd sata, so second pse 4.0 is not a must.
right now i have ssd nvme for programs and o.s, and 3 tb hdd which i am planning to change to ssd sata.

the Aorus Master cost here around 50-60 % more than the ROG-STRIX-B550-F-GAMING-WI-FI - ASUS .
both msi boards you mentioned are not available right now here.
most of the variety here comes from asus or gigabyte.
can you make last check from those two brands?
Last edited by nimo11 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:12 am

btw my current cooler is probably one of the scythe models.
what about this idea?
trying first to use my current gpu ,which is full passive, on new pc, and see how it will work.
then decide if to upgrade it.
i dont need it right now for gaming, only fo 4 k.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:44 am

Don't even try this vintage garbage on 5800X - assuming that you would find a way to mount it.

We also have ram to choose, but your list is still here and we can do it later. Dark Rock Pro 4 can accomodate 40 mm height ram without need to mounting it's fan higher. I really can't judge by be quiet!'s specs, how higher it's just possible to mount it, so let's stay under these 40 mm. You could filter your list with modules lower than 40 mm. Generally widely available, nice modules fitting that, which come to my mind are Corsair Vengeance LPX and Kingston HyperX Fury. In case of it you just type in google something like ,,Corsair Vengeance LPX height" and dig for it - the best on manufacturer's website.

So tell me, what exactly do you want to put into computer we discuss apart of components you gonna buy and we were talking about? Everything: model names and amount.

I gave you all of my recomendations fitting what you wanted, but only ATX boards. There're also smaller mATX ones, but it will be probably impossible to find ones without any compromises in terms of what you wanted or plugging whole rich Define 7's front panel.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:01 am

the plonter guys' combined the HX432C16FB4K2-32 - HyperX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35v - Fury Series - HX432C16FB4K2/32
with one of the suggestions the gave me with DARK ROCK PRO 4.
most of them are technicians that probably will assemble it for me, so i guess they know about it but i will ask again.
if this is the case, that it can work with regular profile ram, do you have better recommendation?
this is a list i took from plonter:
AX4U3200716G16A-CTG20x2 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16-20-20 DIMM - 1.35V - Tungsten Grey - XPG GAMMIX D20
X4U3200716G16A-SR30x2 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 PC4-25600 CL16-20-20 DIMM - 1.35V - Red - XPG GAMMIX D30 - Retail
AX4U3200316G16A-DR41 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 PC4-25600 CL16-20-20 DIMM - 1.35V - Red - XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
BL2K16G36C16U4B - 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz DDR4 CL16-18-18 1.35v - Ballistix Series
GASB416GB3600C18BSCx2 - 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600Mhz - CL18 - 1.35V - Low Profile - EVO Spear Series
AX4U3200316G16-SR41x2 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 PC4-25600 CL16-18-18 DIMM - 1.35V - Red - XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
HX432C16FB4AK2-32 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35v - Fury RGB Series - HX432C16FB4AK2/32
HX432C16FB4K2-32 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35v - Fury Series - HX432C16FB4K2/32
AX4U3200716G16A-SW50x2 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16-20-20 DIMM - RGB - 1.35V - White - XPG SPECTRIX D50
GAEXSY432GB3200C16ADC - 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz - RGB - CL16 - 1.35V - EVO X II Series
XPG - AX4U3200716G16A-ST50x2 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16-20-20 DIMM - RGB - 1.35V - Black - XPG SPECTRIX D50
HX432C16PB3K2-32 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP HyperX Predator - HX432C16PB3K2/32
HX432C16PB3AK2-32 - 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP HyperX Predator RGB - HX432C16PB3AK2/32
HX432C16FB4K2-32 - HyperX 2GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35v - Fury Series - HX432C16FB4K2/32 ₪984/964

don't understand you meaning here: "what exactly do you want to put into computer we discuss apart of components you gonna buy"

did you took some look for the one i asked of:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B5 ... -rev-10#kf

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:03 am

If it's all what available go with these non-RGB Fury: HX432C16FB4K2-32. They are low profile, so no problems with Pro and have acceptable timings. 3200, CL16 is reasonable for your configuration, so I don't see a point of paying for anything faster and don't do it.

You told that to new computer we build here, you plan to add some older things you already have. I want you to type them all in case of me checking, if everything will be possible to plug. You know, motherboard's connectors needed and possiblility of the same problem as with this damn USB C ;) Then we'll see, what will be the next move in terms of motherboard. That's why I'll check Aorus board later, but even without it I can tell you that's generally great board.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:25 am

thanks.
do you mean this one?:
HX432C16FB4K2-32 - HyperX 2GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35v - Fury Series - HX432C16FB4K2/32
those are available right now at plonter, there are other sourses.
so if you have any better recommendation, i can check.
do you think that low profile ram have some disadvantage compare to full size?

the only thing i am planning to add from my old pc is a hdd that all my storage on it ,i am sure it will be o.k.

unfortunately some of the board you suggested are not available here.
Aorus Master cost here around 50-60 % more than the ROG-STRIX-B550-F-GAMING-WI-FI - ASUS , i'm not sure it is justify for me.
so maybe it will be between the B550 AORUS PRO V2 (rev. 1.0) and ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI).
if there are good reasons to prefer the AORUS PRO V2 i can find other solutions for wi fi and Bluetooth.

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:44 pm

If it's only one HDD, it's fine ;)

Forget about that Aorus Master! I just mentioned it and that's all. I fully agree that it doesn't calculate.

About these two boards, both of them are good choice, but I definitely prefer Aourus one. What it does better and seems important to you:
- it's generally richer board both in terms of external and internal connectors, but both boards rather never will run out of them for you
- It has highest-end audio codec you can find on B550 boards, but it's really not that important as what matters the most is construction of audio section. You can dig for it in some reviews, but boards having such great codecs as Asus and even better one on Aorus rather don't happen to be cheap with rest of the section. Asus has it great for sure and I just don't remember with Aorus Pro, but I wouldn't expect it to not being comparable.
- it has internal USB C, so Define's connector wil be utilized

In terms of VRM these boards represent the same level, but I'm talking now about first revision of this board (not V2), so hard to say, if they didn't change anything. But it really doesn't matter. Asus has wi-fi, but there's also wi-fi versions of Aorus Pro boards: AC and AX. AX has better WiFi6, bluetooth and internal USB C, which AC lacks. There's also a little lower-end, but still great Aorus Elite line, which also has AX model. Additional, but surprisingly coincidental, that I remember from conversation with my friend that he hated case fan control on some Asus TUF B550 board, but as positive example of such he used some low-end Gigabyte's B550. He just couldn't slow down the 3-pin case fans that much as he could with Gigabyte and Define 7 has 3-pin fans. It's hard to say, if we should suggest with it, because different boards, but brands and family are the same, so may happen with these both you consider. You can also always change the fans, there're just better and more likely to be more controlable 4-pin ones, so I wouldn't disqualify all Asus boards, because what has told me my friend.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:18 am

B550 AORUS PRO AX (rev. 1.0) can be also an option.
cant find any review about it, only on the Mimi version.
btw when it say rev 1, does it means that the can improve it with software?

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:44 am

And I see Pro AX as the best option for you from all, which has everything that you wanted. It's just Pro V2 with added wi-fi and bluetooth, so decide, which one calculates to you better. I just forgot about AX existence, because sorry, but I don't have in my head database of B550 motherboards, where I can filter them with things like USB C, premium audio and wi-fi :]

Revisions are just changes in build, so you can't do anything with software. E.g. Gigabyte added internal USB C with V2 of Pro and removed some other USB on external panel. I don't know, what else they changed as revisions are often hard to find info about, but don't bother ;)

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:25 am

thanks.
its a bit confusing their info.
for B550 AORUS PRO AX (rev. 1.0):
CPU:
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Chipset:
1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support
1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports on the back panel
it means that i will have type-c it on the rear as well as in front, which means i can connect it to the fractal 7 input nb the front?
and will i have a usb 3.2 also on the front?

this is for ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Front USB Port ( Total 6 )
Rear USB Port ( Total 8 )
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(4 x Type-A)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s)(1 x Type-A +1 x USB Type-C®)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 port(s)
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:59 am

Generally everything you see in boards specification in Interal Connectors section concerns it's internal layout (inside the case), so e.g. case front panel's connectors. Case's connectors just have cables, which need to be plugged into motherboard's internal connectors. From the other side you have External Connectors, which are accesible from external part of the motherbard you have on case's back, so they always work for everybody, who just bought this motherboard. Btw with example of this board you see, how mobo's specification should be presented and how it compares to Asus one ;)

Yes, it means that going with AX you will have one external USB C and Define 7 front panel's one also will work. Define 7 on it's front panel has only USB 3.0 connectors, it's cables will be plugged to 3.2 Gen 1 header on the board, but their speed will be downgraded to 3.0. It works like that thanks to ,,backward compatiblity", so if you are more interested about it, read about it.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:36 am

thanks.
learned now a lot about how to detect what will be on rear or front.
a friend of mine told me that additional advantage of gigabyte boards is what they call "DualBIOS".
one of the suggestion i got for gpu that goes with decided budget is GeForce GT 1030.
what is your opinion about it?
if you think that there is one that will work quieter, i can add some money.

as for the usb.
i made some reading about differences type2 and other usb.
as you said ,the speed difference depends on several factors.
the major purpose i need speed for is when i transfer data from my phone, or to/from external storage, to the pc.
right now i have a steady connected cable to rear usb 3.0, which is the fastest on my pc.
i will be glad to have the max speed on the front, but if not' I'll live with the connected cable to the rear.

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:59 am

Read about Dual Bios and see for yourself, if it's such advantage for you.

About GPU, I wouldn't really replace one potato (your current one) with another potato (GTX 1030). Only the question is, how this card would work with Windows 10 and modern software. Like I'm interested in hardware market, I'm completely not interested in software, so I don't feel competent enough to advice you here. If you want buy new GPU, just type me here the model names of everything you are able to find, which fits your budget. Something like ,,GTX 1030" doesn't tell me much as cards differ with e.g. and most important here, coolers. Like some 1030s are passive, some have tiny fan with worth researching noise levels.

Motherboards usually have fastest types of USB on external panel, so these ones on case's front panel serve mostly being more comfortable to access, not speed. AFAIK fastest USBs seen on cases are 3.0 (not counting still rare C), but to be honest I never pay attention to it from reason mentioned in sentence above.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:40 am

since i'm not planning gaming i think i don't need a very strong gpu.
i need it to support 4 k , and more important to be quietץ
that's why i could live fine with a passive one.
unfortunately they not produce those much thus days.
cant find one.
the options i found with the price range are:
see if you can see it on this link?
https://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=c ... 813=128827
those are a bit more expansive but steel i can do it:
https://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=c ... 426=128835
and does a bit more expansive :
https://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=c ... 813=128825

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:49 am

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:03 am

I assume that you just need GPU to see, what's on the screen, not gaming. If so, I would go with cheapest passive one or once again think about 11700, which has integrated, so silent GPU. When your daughter start playing games, you will buy something serious, quietest and quality instead of more or less garbage I see on these lists.

Another approach is to spend a little more for reasonable card, which would just play modern games in 1080p resolution, on low to medium details and with comfortably smooth 60 fps framerate - GTX 1050. I don't know, how about noise of such cards, mostly one-fan, because I have no experience with such things and they are not popular to review. They are low-power, so low demands from the cooler, but they also have shitty coolers :D I just don't know, how something like this would behave, so don't be dissapointed in terms of that.

How you see that?

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:37 am

i am more than open to use first the integrated one and see later what will be.
the question is if it will support my 4k monitor and if the quality will be good.
another thing i research a bit is display port or hdmi.
my monitor has DP 1.2 and also hdmi 2.0.
from what i read both support up to 4k 60mgh, bit DP1.2 have bigger bandwidth .
DP 1.2 is 17.28 Gbps
HDMI version 2.0 14.4 Gbps (1),
[1]: Considering the 8b/10 overhead to measure the effective data transmission rate. Without this overhead, the bandwidth would be 18Gbps.

the passive GT 1030 Silent Low Profile 2G have only hdmi, no DP.
don't know how difference i will see with my eyes, but something to think about.

another option is to use in meanwhile my current gpu, which i'm sure is better than the integrated one, and has DP1.2 plus hdmi.
it's this one.
has 1.2 DP but lower hdmi 1.4.
https://www.quietpc.com/sap-hd7750-ult
the question is will it have room under the big dark pro 4.
but it's something i can always decide later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:46 am

the question is will it fit under bq dark pro 4.

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:29 pm

Ryzen 5800X doesn't have integrated GPU, so you just must to have some.
nimo11 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:37 am
the question is if it will support my 4k monitor and if the quality will be good.
another thing i research a bit is display port or hdmi.
my monitor has DP 1.2 and also hdmi 2.0.
from what i read both support up to 4k 60mgh, bit DP1.2 have bigger bandwidth .
DP 1.2 is 17.28 Gbps
HDMI version 2.0 14.4 Gbps (1),
[1]: Considering the 8b/10 overhead to measure the effective data transmission rate. Without this overhead, the bandwidth would be 18Gbps.
I'm not interested in such things, so I would need to use google to answer that - the same as you ;)

There's plenty of room under Dark Rock Pro 4, so don't worry.

Btw just build this computer for you and get your daughter into console gaming - believe me, you will save yourself a lot of headache from various reasons. Just buy her big, awesome TV, PS5 and you're set. Or even better Xbox Series X and pay for Game Pass subscription. Few bucks a month for kinda Netflix, but with games, so she will always have something new to play - you will just buy her from time to time something what isn't included.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:18 pm

so that's my decision. to connect for now my current passive gpu.
it's something i can always upgrade later.
and i will think about the console.

few last questions and i'll start to compare the complete pc parts from 2-3 stores.

does low profile ram has some disadvantage compare to the regular size ones?

i will probably go for the B550 AORUS PRO AX (rev. 1.0).
saw on different stores kind of not small price difference.
how can i check if it rev 1.0 and not the older one?
it will say on the board?

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:43 pm

Yeah, you can try your old card, but consult it with guys, who'll build your computer in terms of possible problems I mentioned.

Sorry that I forgot about your question with ram. Higher modules sometimes means bigger heatspreaders, sometimes it's just design. But don't worry about your low-profile ram running hot ;)

Good choice with PRO AX - imo the best way to go for you.

I'm looking at Gigabyte's site and don't see any revisions of this board - just one AX next to many other boards revised, so maybe that's just a mistake on store site or you talk about B550I. You want to buy B550 Aorus Pro AX, not other ones: http://www.gigabyte.pl/products/compari ... ,8061,8418

Products usually have it's codes, the same for official sites or store ones. Remind yourself what I told you about RMx revision, you were interested - I copied such code from it's site on Plonter and it led me to offcial Corsair site confirming that's 2018 revision, not 2021 one. Don't ever trust photos on store sites or their specs - always check with mentioned producers codes.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:59 pm

If your 4k monitor doesn't support HDR modes, then HDMI 2.0 is fine. If it does, then be aware that HDMI 2.0 doesn't support full 10-bit per color uncompressed @ 60Hz. It may only support 4:2:0 mode at 10-bits, which turns text fuzzy. It may support 4:2.2 mode, which is ok. It's just a 'how good is the engineering on both the source and sink' problem. DP 1.2 has a bit more BW and can do 4k 60Hz HDR 4:4:4. Read the wiki's for more info.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:36 am

thank you CA_Steve.
i checked and my monitor does not support HDR.
but any way , for only video, i will get same result with my current gpu.
so why spend additional 150 $, for something that i can upgrade anytime later on
i just wonder what is the reason mobo producers make DP etc. on the rear of the board if anyway you connect your monitor to the gpu outlets.
i guess it for integrated gpu on some cpu's.

nimo11

Post by nimo11 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:06 am

thank you Japanese Capacitor.
do you have any experience if some brands (with the same ram spec) are more reliable then others?
like hyprx ( think it's kingston) , corsair , g. skill, crucial, samsung.

most of the reviews are for B550I Aorus Pro AX ( mini) and they are very good .
guess/hope that the B550 ,not mini, will be same quality.