New site look(!)

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

MHLoppy

New site look(!)

Post by MHLoppy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:21 pm

I check back every now and then to see if there's anything new - and having the entire site updated is certainly that.

Was there any change in ownership or something that sparked the change? I just hope I'm not about to watch a repeat of The Tech Report, and I don't see any announcement on the change.

CA_Steve

Re: New site look(!)

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:49 am

MikeC sold the site.

MHLoppy

Post by MHLoppy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:22 am

CA_Steve wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:49 am
MikeC sold the site.
..Oh boy. Guess we'll have to wait and see how that ends up going.

Silent but deadly

Post by Silent but deadly » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:23 am

CA_Steve wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:49 am
MikeC sold the site.
That's bittersweet to hear. It's the end of an era but hopefully that means that were moving into a new era of regular content. Which would be great as long as it maintains the same level of quality that MIke and Lawrence set.

Any word on who the new owners are?

There is part of me that's worried that SPCR might lose some of it's history, be it it's fantastic articles or the forums. Regardless of what happens with SPCR, I think it'd be a good idea to archive the website just in case the worst was ever to happen (I know of some smaller forums that have lost everything due to natural disaster or hardware/software failure). I'd consider creating an archive of the site myself if it wasn't too big. CA_Steve, I don't suppose you'd know or could find out how big the website and it's forums are please?

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Sorry - don't know the new owner. His email is listed at the bottom of this page. Don't know the size of the site, either. Just a volunteer worker bee here keeping the lights on.

EsaT

Post by EsaT » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:32 am

I would say better to lose all hope straight away to get it over fast, instead of prolonged misery from missed expectations.

New layout is such fashion excrement from those with head firmly in illegal substance smoke cloud and feet above passenger jet cruising altitude, that I wouldn't trust such people to handle any ship, including citizenship.
(though for leaking rowing boat I could allow them exception)

Also this might come handy fast:
https://superuser.com/questions/318912/ ... ontent-css
Formerly the way biggest Finnish PC website and forum got trashed by new owners with their "genious" ideas...
Including trashing forum layout full retard narrow making reading anything but one liner post threads hopeless scrolling.

MHLoppy

Post by MHLoppy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:25 am

https://silentpcreview.com/best-cpu-cooler/
You might not have heard of Noctua
Best CPU Cooler for Video Editing
Corsair H100i Pro
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/co ... 471-2.html
Great performance coupled with noisy fans provides for an ugly hit for the H100i Pro on our acoustic efficiency chart.
Well, it was a good run guys. At least the forums are still here, and less advanced acoustics information is easier to get from other sources now than it once was. I'll sorely miss witnessing 16.3 dBA gaming builds though, and I haven't seen anyone else dive as deep as (old) SPCR on stuff like that.