Anandtech recommend SPCR for acoustic tests

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

Natronomonas

Anandtech recommend SPCR for acoustic tests

Post by Natronomonas » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Just thought I'd highlight that Anandtech recommend SPCR as the place to go for acoustic testing of hard drives...

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2969
We recommend a visit to SPCR if you are interested in pure acoustic test results of the drives without other system components being in the test mix.
Good stuff SPCR!

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:33 am

Cool, Anand admits that his websites reviews are total shye for sound level testing :D

Maybe he will also point his readers to other websites for quality reviews on hardware.

Andy

Natronomonas

Post by Natronomonas » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:14 pm

like SPCR? : )

At least Anand don't do those PSU reviews which are so common that go "i plugged it in, and it worked... you should buy it!"....

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:18 am

andyb wrote:Maybe he will also point his readers to other websites for quality reviews on hardware.
Not very likely (or necessary for that matter). It was nice, that Anandtech gave a nod that SPCR has a superior and somewhat unique acoustic testing bed compared to them or other sites in the net.

Hardware tests on the other hand are usually have the same old stuff in every website.