*FOUND* Wanted: Broken 120mm fan(s) to sacrifice

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

frostedflakes

*FOUND* Wanted: Broken 120mm fan(s) to sacrifice

Post by frostedflakes » Fri May 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Hey, am looking for some broken/dead/too loud/otherwise useless 120mm fans. Only condition is the outside casing needs to be in tact, can't be cracked or broken or anything like that. But broken fan blades or a hub isn't a problem since I'll cut that off, I just need the housing.

Actually all I need is a single 120x120x25mm fan, but if you have two lying around I'd take both. Has to be 25mm width, 38mm or other sizes won't work.

Not wanting to pay much for these, kind of looking for freebies (would of course cover shipping, though, and probably send a bit extra for taking the time to run them down to the post office).

Let me know what you have. Thanks!
Last edited by frostedflakes on Sat May 08, 2010 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 pm

i've got a 120mm fan housing just like you're asking for, already cut, because i used it before, but have no use for it. I could dig it out and shove it in a packing envelope.

PM me if you'd like it. I'll have to look and see if i have any others, in the morning though.

theycallmebruce

Post by theycallmebruce » Sat May 08, 2010 2:03 am

Don't have a fan I'm afraid, but definitely curious as to what you have planned.

frostedflakes

Post by frostedflakes » Sat May 08, 2010 7:22 am

Nothing too interesting, just creating a duct from the CPU heatsink to my rear 120mm fan by zip tying a couple fan housings together. Two 25mm wide fans should be just about perfect, they will butt up almost right against the heatsink and make for a good duct.

Anyway, I think I found what I need, thanks guys. :)