When can we expect a SPCR review of the Seasonic S12 series?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

FragBert

When can we expect a SPCR review of the Seasonic S12 series?

Post by FragBert » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:56 am

I see that there have been several mentions of S12 test lab results from SPCR staff. I am anxiously awaiting their review. I especially would like to see their take on the noise level of the 500 and 600W models (as I understand they are louder than the tornado and lower powered S12's :( )

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:46 am

Though I'm not the one reviewing it, I think I can answer for them.

It's coming soon...

(When you can only spend a handful of hours a week on a review, it takes longer. It's hard to give an ETA for something you're working on in your spare time).

JimK

Post by JimK » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:32 pm

MikeC's trip to the IDF Spring 2005 probably didn't help either... So many things to do and so little time to do it in. But who else delivers reviews like the guys here? It's worth waiting for.

Devonavar
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Devonavar » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:27 am

The review for the 430W unit was done a few weeks ago, and is awaiting release pending Mike's (large) backlog of articles.

The 500W unit that we received has not been reviewed *because* of the problems with the noise; there was some confusion about the fan in the unit. We are currently trying to resolve the problems with Seasonic, although the fact that they have shipped units with the loud fan doesn't make things look hopeful.

As sthayashi said: It's coming soon...and has been for some time. In other words, it will be out when it's out. Now stop asking.