Which is the hottest part of the Phantom casing?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

technarch

Which is the hottest part of the Phantom casing?

Post by technarch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:05 am

Hi,

I'm asking this question because I'm going to soon get a dual temp monitor and defan my 8500, and since I will be using the bezel to set baseline 'before and after' values with the case open and closed, I want to use the other probe for the Phantom so I can monitor the temperature of the casing..

Does anyone know offhand which spot is the hottest of the Phantom casing? It's hard to tell.

Thanks.

technarch

Post by technarch » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:02 pm

I guess I can answer my own question. My hands were cold, so I felt around the casing. The hottest spot seems to be the upper back left where the corner is.. to position correctly, the blue is facing forward away from you, you are behind the PSU, your right hand is where the cords come out, and the tallest heatsink fins are on top. The corner on the left side is the warmest, and that's where you put the probe, on the left flat side practically pretty much right before the corner angle.

This week I will be able to defan the 8500, that'll be fun. Hope I don't blow it up. I have a ZM17CU waiting for it.