Final decision: Enermax NoiseTaker or BeQuiet P5?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Grubert

Final decision: Enermax NoiseTaker or BeQuiet P5?

Post by Grubert » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:32 am

Yeah, I know, Seasonic is best, but you can't get hold of them around here. If they don't get here soon, my two other candidates are:

Enermax Noisetaker
Review

BeQuiet
Review

System would be typical desktop AMD with a 6600GT card and one S-ATA HD.

Any suggestions?

frankgehry

latest enermax

Post by frankgehry » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:20 am

G,

The enermax in the review is a slightly older version - ATX12v1.3 - and the one tested here. The latest version - ATX12v2.0 has more flexible cables, a few more sata connectors and a 24 pin motherboard connector. You can get really good deals on the older models. Here's the link - take a look at the cables as they are the most obvious change. - FG

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... 457&depa=0

frankgehry

enermax

Post by frankgehry » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:21 am

G,

I wasn't going to comment, but I changed my mind. I have an enermax noisetaker and it is a really good unit. It has 4 sata connectors, flexible wiring, and everything you could possibly want including quietness. I guess the seasonic must be quieter, but the enermax fans stay at a constant speed most of the time and they are really not noticeable. They never speed up or if they do its very gradual and not very much. Its efficient so it stays pretty cool. To be honest I don't know anything about the bequiet exept for the review. - FG

Grubert

Post by Grubert » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:41 am

Thanks a lot Frank. You're great help! If you find yourself short of Papst fans or Toblerones you only have to ask. :wink:

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:53 am

:shock:TOBLERONE....:shock:

I know Frank isn't exactly a chocolate eater, PM me, I'll send you my address. :lol: