S12 chirping noise?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Wraith

S12 chirping noise?

Post by Wraith » Mon May 16, 2005 7:34 pm

I'm fairly certain it's coming from the PSU. Isn't coming from the CPU fan or exhaust fan. If it's not from the PSU, I don't know what it is.

Sounds sort of like a cricket, but not so high pitch. More like a cyclical rattling. I didn't hear it at all until I'd been using it for a couple weeks. PSU was very quiet before this started. Anyone else experienced this? Anything I could try short of RMA-ing it? It's not terribly loud, yet it's terribly annoying.

Seasonic S12-430 (unmodified)
MSI RS480M2-IL
Antec SLK-3700AMB
XP-120 w/ Globe
Nexus exhaust

mr pink

Post by mr pink » Tue May 17, 2005 2:48 pm

I had crickets in my pc.
It was the power supply fan . Easy swap though.

You can check by stopping the fan carefully with something non-conductive for a second or two.

jimcureton

I experienced same problem. I have RMA'ed and.............

Post by jimcureton » Wed May 18, 2005 11:31 am

I have the same issue. I RMA'ed and they returned me a defective unit. My computer would randomly reboot. Not happy with Seasonic at all. I called Stella Lo and complained. They are currently shipping me a brand new unit. That is what she is telling me. The second defective unit did not make the weird rattling sound, it was OK in that department. Get after them and make them correct the problem.

Jim