850W PSU!

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

thetoad30
*Lifetime Patron*

850W PSU!

Post by thetoad30 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:00 pm

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/ ... how=T85SSI

I know this amount of power is never needed... I just posted this link for ggawking... but here's my question:

Are these TurboCool power supplies as good as their hype? I know they aren't on the recommended list, but I was wondering, since they only have one fan, and is supposed to run quiet, if their power stays stable and how bad the fan ramps up.

These are "supposedly" the best power supplies around... of course I would NEVER get an 850 watt, as I KNOW I don't need even close to 300W at that... but how about a smaller one? Are they any good? Compare to a Seasonic if you will?

Thank you.

Coolin

Post by Coolin » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:39 pm

PC Power and Cooling makes excellent power supplies in terms of stable voltages, and being able to push the power you need when you need it at all times.

However, it was not designed for quietness like Seasonics are. The PCP&C are clearly audible, while Seasonics are near silent.

Likif
Friend of SPCR

Post by Likif » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:43 am

my, what big genitals you have....power supply. I meant power supply.

halcyon
Patron of SPCR

Post by halcyon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:52 am

Do a search.

The smaller wattage PCP&C PSUs used to be made by Seasonic (apparently). However, they are not as silent as Seasonics, in fact they are amongst the more noisy PSUs out there these days.

hightower

Post by hightower » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Their turbo-cool line is quite popular among overclockers, which probably means it's top quality. But obiously not quiet enough for most ears here. However I don't know about their Silencer-line up? PC&P isn't available in my country anyway. :(

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:04 pm

I always thought Seasonic built only the Silencer line, but some of the smaller wattage PSUs may be theirs. I don't know.

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:12 pm

As I've said in the past, you KNOW a product is loud when a non-SPC site complains that it's loud. I recall other sites making that complaint about PCP&C PSUs.