How can I return my S12-380?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

j4cbo

How can I return my S12-380?

Post by j4cbo » Sun May 28, 2006 10:19 am

I've been having coil buzz problems with my Seasonic S12-380; for some reson, it's perfectly silent at high load, but makes a very loud and very worrying buzz otherwise.

Just running Folding all the time is perfectly fine during the winter, but now that it's warming up I don't want 150+ watts pumping into my room 24/7, so it's time to start using CnQ and turn down the CPU load. And so I run into the buzz problems again.

I'd like to RMA it, but as far as I can tell neither Newegg nor Seasonic offer cross-shipping, at least not easily. I don't have any other power supplies that I'd trust to run this system off of, so what should I do? Is there a possibility that they'll agree to cross-ship if I call?

Help! :(

TomZ

Post by TomZ » Tue May 30, 2006 7:05 pm

I haven't had any luck getting component OEMs to cross-ship RMAs lately. Instead, I've bought additional components that I keep as spares, which can be quite handy when something fails, especially a HDD or PSU.