Antec replaced my PSU with a different model :(

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Ashex

Antec replaced my PSU with a different model :(

Post by Ashex » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:49 pm

I sent in my SP-500 last week because of an incredibly irritating coil whine that increased when i played games. Just got a replacement, and it's a EA-500. Judging from the review on the EA-430, it's a nice upgrade, but it's not modular, like my SP-500 was.

Has anyone else had experiences like this? And is there anything that can be done about getting a Modular? Or am I stuck with what I have?

VanWaGuy

Post by VanWaGuy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:11 pm

Complain to Antec. I have usually found that they deal very well with customers. Just tell them that you sent them a modular model, and they substituted what for your use is a worse power supply, and suggest that they send you an adequate replacement.

Ashex

Post by Ashex » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanks for the tip. I sent them an email by reply to the email from the RMA department letting them know about it. I didn't really complain, more just mention that I was a little dissapointed that it was non-modular but did appreciate the upgrade :)

Otto69

Post by Otto69 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:24 am

"I didn't really complain, more just mention that I was a little dissapointed that it was non-modular but did appreciate the upgrade"

That's the best kind of approach to most problems and I've had very good results with being polite until the situation warrents otherwise.

VanWaGuy

Post by VanWaGuy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:56 pm

Yes, I agree that expressing your opinion on the transaction. I used the word complaint a little casually.

Ashex

Post by Ashex » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:26 pm

Well, I got a reply back from them.

They're going to Send UPS to come pick up the power supply and they're going to send me a NEO HE 500 at the same time :D

VanWaGuy

Post by VanWaGuy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:54 am

Thanks for sharing that success.

There are certainly plenty of companies out there that do not care, but then there are some that want their customers to be happy. I am glad to see another case of Antec taking care of a customer.

HaxEJxuK

Post by HaxEJxuK » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:35 am

Although I probably won't buy Antec PSU, they did good job. That's what they are supposed to do but like other one said it's not something most other companies do. Good job Antec!!!

P.S. I bought Antec 2 PSU before. 1 still in use other one in box. coil whine annoys hell out of me but I painted that PSU so bye bye warranty. it's like 4years old anyway lol. Have love for P18x but never bought one. it's like first love. I always think about getting it but never get it. lastly, I've bought 2 MX-1 for $40 each which is great price but I'm going to return it soon. Buzzing fan noise on both annoys me enough to return it. I wish fans in that are quieter. Anyway, I've only heard good things about Antec so far so keep great company as great company that lots of people support.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 pm

I returned my Earthwatts 380 to Antec about two weeks ago due to coil buzz. They just sent me back an Earthwatts 500 yesterday!

Good service, Antec! Though I'll need to do a little more work to hide the extra cabling!