Corsair PSU Rebate

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

EdT

Corsair PSU Rebate

Post by EdT » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that Corsair is offering a $20-$25 rebate on all its PSUs. Offer ends 31 July 2008 and you have a month to send in the application. Your invoice dated must be dated 31 July or earlier.

Some merchants will have their own forms, but a majority do not and the customer is still eligible.

For those who purchased a Corsair PSU and their merchants did not have their own form, then you simply write a letter stating the offer and send it along with the original UPC barcode cutout from the box along with a copy of the invoice.

Customer Service
Att.: #7517
4936 South Ash Avenue
Tempe, AZ 85285
U.S.A.

seemingly.random

Post by seemingly.random » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:37 am

Won't buy any corsair product with a mail-in rebate anymore - been burned too many times. Not suggesting corsair engineering isn't good, just that corsair marketing sucks.

EdT

Post by EdT » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:11 pm

seemingly.random wrote:Won't buy any corsair product with a mail-in rebate anymore - been burned too many times. Not suggesting corsair engineering isn't good, just that corsair marketing sucks.
Their rebate program is handled by a third party service, just let Corsair know your problem, they might not be aware of the quality of service of this third party contractor.

seemingly.random

Post by seemingly.random » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:14 am

EdT wrote:
seemingly.random wrote:Won't buy any corsair product with a mail-in rebate anymore - been burned too many times. Not suggesting corsair engineering isn't good, just that corsair marketing sucks.
Their rebate program is handled by a third party service, just let Corsair know your problem, they might not be aware of the quality of service of this third party contractor.
Ok, thanks.

I guess my biggest gripe is that corsair plays this game at all - it cheapens the hard work of the engineering team. It seems to cost corsair money (how much?) to give rebates. Makes one wonder if they would just lower the price some, it would cost less all around. And I think most of us have better things to do with our time.

It seems that instead of looking for mail-in rebate deals, free shipping is more useful these days. Shipping can easily be over 10% of an order - 20-30% for a case.

EdT

Post by EdT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:30 am

seemingly.random wrote:
EdT wrote:
Ok, thanks.

I guess my biggest gripe is that corsair plays this game at all - it cheapens the hard work of the engineering team. It seems to cost corsair money (how much?) to give rebates. Makes one wonder if they would just lower the price some, it would cost less all around. And I think most of us have better things to do with our time.

It seems that instead of looking for mail-in rebate deals, free shipping is more useful these days. Shipping can easily be over 10% of an order - 20-30% for a case.
I have been in the electronics industry for good while now and retail profits are usually in the 5,000%-8,000% mark up range, so keep the prices high and when you lower it 25% on the retail prices, it looks cheap for the consumer while they still make an enormous amounts of profits.

I don't think any of the Corsair/Seasonic PSUs cost more than $20us to make, package and market, slap on another $40-$50 for Corsair and another $30 for the Distributor and another $30 for the retailer and you see the price we as consumers pay.

$20+$50+$30+$30 = $140

As I type this, my SMT line is about finish running an order for car alarm key fobs for a major car alarm company, the cost of each of these units is $0.52CAD and the retail price I have seen for them is $50-$75 depending on where you get it. So just imagine if it cost $0.52 here in North America to make just how much it would cost if it was made in China ?, maybe $0.10-$0.15 max ! Now you are starting to see the evils of capitalism and the greed that goes along with it !