Why not any Cooler Master reviews ?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

charger2000

Why not any Cooler Master reviews ?

Post by charger2000 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:30 am

These PS are now very popular, and I'm very curios to know something more, especially about the Silent Pro series

Nik

AuraAllan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by AuraAllan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:56 am

Tell Coolermaster to send samples to SPCR and you'll see Coolermaster reviews eventually.

Firetech
Friend of SPCR

Have a Google but..

Post by Firetech » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:43 pm

here's something to get you started:
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getart ... rticID=889

Aris

Post by Aris » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:07 pm

i think SPCR has a reputation of being very critical of products, power supplies in particular. I'd wager a lot of manufacturers are worried they would get a bad review. Theres a lot of company's that sell "quiet" or "silent" computer parts that are far from it.

Just because something is popular doesnt mean its a quality product. TT is a good case and point.

Olle P

Re: Have a Google but..

Post by Olle P » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:11 am

Firetech wrote:here's something to get you started:
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getart ... rticID=889
There are a few details to notice though:
  1. The tests are done at the Cooler Master's European HQ in Venlo, NL.
  2. The tests are done on an open test bed with the PSU sucking room tempered air all the time. Temperatures are not measured.
  3. Nothing is mentioned about the sound level.
Cheers
Olle

Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Lawrence Lee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 am

Aris wrote:i think SPCR has a reputation of being very critical of products, power supplies in particular. I'd wager a lot of manufacturers are worried they would get a bad review. Theres a lot of company's that sell "quiet" or "silent" computer parts that are far from it.

Just because something is popular doesnt mean its a quality product. TT is a good case and point.
Heh - that didn't stop TT form sending us a bunch of stuff awhile back. I don't think we've gotten anything from them since...

tehcrazybob
Friend of SPCR

Post by tehcrazybob » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:46 am

Lawrence Lee wrote:Heh - that didn't stop TT form sending us a bunch of stuff awhile back. I don't think we've gotten anything from them since...
That's what a company gets for claiming their products are quiet, without ever actually testing the competition to see where they stand. I have absolutely no sympathy for companies who do that.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:44 pm

But companies that have succeeded well in SPCR have sent and will send their products in SPCR use. Scythe, Noctua, Thermalright to mention few...

Fo rexample few hardware netshops do use SPCR recomended when they advertise products that have gained SPCR recomendation and have gotten into recomended list.

Aris

Post by Aris » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:55 pm

thejamppa wrote:Fo rexample few hardware netshops do use SPCR recomended when they advertise products that have gained SPCR recomendation and have gotten into recomended list.
Maybe MikeC should contact the people who started the 80+ certification program, and ask to have an amendment cert added to it. So that products that are on his recommended list get an additional "SPCR Certified" sticker next to the 80+ cert sticker.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Aris wrote:
thejamppa wrote:Fo rexample few hardware netshops do use SPCR recomended when they advertise products that have gained SPCR recomendation and have gotten into recomended list.
Maybe MikeC should contact the people who started the 80+ certification program, and ask to have an amendment cert added to it. So that products that are on his recommended list get an additional "SPCR Certified" sticker next to the 80+ cert sticker.
That would be nice, very nice indeed. *thinks of royalties* Indeed not bad... ^^

But didn't there were CoolerMaster Hyper X passive cooler quite recently, which did do surprisngly well, unlike Coolermasters PSU's...

Aris

Post by Aris » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:15 pm

thejamppa wrote: But didn't there were CoolerMaster Hyper X passive cooler quite recently, which did do surprisngly well, unlike Coolermasters PSU's...
Without checking every heatsink review, the recommended page has no coolermaster heatsinks on it. Its mostly populated with Scythe, Zalman, Thermalright, and more recently xigmatek products. .