Looking for a loud power supply

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

rayzorium

Looking for a loud power supply

Post by rayzorium » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:13 am

I'm not 100% serious, so sorry about the clickbait. But I am looking for a PSU with a rather aggressive fan profile. Or better yet, one I can set myself. Not quite on topic, I know, but you guys seem like the most likely people to have some answers.

My case has pretty bad airflow, and has some unique PSU mounting that exhausts air from the inside. I love the case otherwise so I'm trying to improve airflow in every way I can.

Abula

Re: Looking for a loud power supply

Post by Abula » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:27 am

Welcome to SPCR

I would recommend to try to improve your airflow, more fans, better cable management, modifying the case or even buying a new case, today there is tons of competition, so there are tons of cheap case to chose from.

Now if you still want to pesue a PSU that you can control to turn on, i believe corsair link compatible psu will allow you that.

CORSAIR LINK DASHBOARD
Corsair Link Dashboard software allows you to monitor your system and gives remarkable control over your case fans, lighting, and compatible Corsair power supplies and Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers that work together for optimal cooling and performance.