Is this Fortron 530w a descent psu & quiet too?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

hipster

Is this Fortron 530w a descent psu & quiet too?

Post by hipster » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:27 pm

Hello everyone :D I have frequented this board just frequently and have found it chock full of knowledge and ideas! I am in the process of building a new system and would like your opinion on a new psu that I have just purchased. It's actually being shipped right now and I was wondering how quite it may or may not be? It is a Fortron 530w. here is the link to view it http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... WSE&depa=0 Your thoughts & opinions are welcomed!

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:34 pm

No clue on that particular Fortron, but many of the lower wattage ones do quite well.

I think the most commonly asked question you're going to get is: Why did you need such high wattage for a PSU? Folks here have shown that you very seldom need more than what a quality 300w, maybe 350w, PSU will give.

Uwackme

hmmm

Post by Uwackme » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:24 am

As a supply it is a monster, very sweet. But as the temps rise the fans do get louder. Im thinking of replacing it or modding to switch to single 120mm setup.