Silent "White" Storage please ^_^

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

_MarcoM_

Silent "White" Storage please ^_^

Post by _MarcoM_ » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:39 am

Hi all, i have an Antec P150, with a beige :( DVD burner inside. I need a decent silent "real white" burner, something with the right color for the P150. Any suggestion?

I need a floppy reader, too. Someone know if the Mitsumi 7 in1 floppy drive is at the right level of white for P150?
A link here:
http://www.nuxpress.com/scheda_prodotto.php?id=197

Thank you in advance for the help my friends :wink:

Buddabing

Re: Silent "White" Storage please ^_^

Post by Buddabing » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:14 am

_MarcoM_ wrote:Hi all, i have an Antec P150, with a beige :( DVD burner inside. I need a decent silent "real white" burner, something with the right color for the P150. Any suggestion?
That's what the white faceplates on the P150 are for.

In order to get my DVD drive to fit, I had to take off a piece of plastic which was on the front (outer) side of the tray. You may need to do something similar. I did not completely take off the cover of the DVD drive because the eject button would not work when I did that.

What I wish is that the P150 came with an extra blank faceplate because I only run one optical drive.

flyingsherpa
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by flyingsherpa » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:17 am

paint them yourself! it's not that hard, i've done it for floppy and cd/dvd drives. the faceplates pop off optical drives easily, but you need to pop off the tray lip/door first (eject the tray out and the lip/door pulls off). then sand lightly, prime, and paint them. the only problem i had was the floppy door doesn't come off, so the faceplate is painted, but the door is still beige. my workaround was to always have a floppy in the drive, that way you can't see the door 8) .