Page 1 of 1

Grommets? Where to buy and where in stock?

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:35 pm
by drfinalfantasy
I have looked all over for grommets and rubber washers. I want to mount a seagate 60 gig Barracuda V in a 5.25 bay but i can't find any rubber grommets anywhere. Can't read german either or dutch or wateva it is :? so can anyone help me out thanks..


Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:09 pm
by Keel
radioshack has some hard rubber grommets good enough i guess but y don't u try suspension with some elastic?

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:03 pm
by George
Lots of us here use grommets from It's a big store so i suggest you search the forums for the right part number. They have will call in the chicago area if you want to save on shipping. Regular grommets and washers are available at Radio Shack, Home depot , Walmart etc..

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:25 pm
by pingu666
u could use blowhole trim? or some elestic like in the article on this site?
well i think it was on this site ;)

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:12 am
by Riffer
Home Depot has some nice soft rubber grommets.

Look in the Bins in the Screw section.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:23 am
by TheJTrain
You mean these? Or maybe these or these?


Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:48 pm
by George
Man , those online shops are a rip off! Home depot sells regular rubber washers 4 for .25 cents - grometts shouldnt be much more than that.