Zalman CNPS7000A Cu vs. All

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DraGoNsLaYeR

Zalman CNPS7000A Cu vs. All

Post by DraGoNsLaYeR » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:24 pm

I've looked around for a while and I noticed that the CNPS7000A Cu is really good compared to other heatsinks, especially thermalrights which i have heard are pretty good. I have a P4 3.2 northwood to cool over here and I was wondering if there was anything better that would keep it cool and quiet. Also, whats the difference between CNPS7000 Cu and CNPS7000A Cu?

wim

Post by wim » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:55 pm

the version with extra A fits also on socket A motherboards (athlon XP, duron) ... you putting it on a P4, you can get either

and yes it's a cool heatsink

DraGoNsLaYeR

Post by DraGoNsLaYeR » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:15 pm

so other than the added compatibility there is no sound or temp difference?

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:21 pm

DraGoN, give yourself a couple days and take a look at my review of the Hyper 6 from Cooler Master; you may like what you see. I am confident it will easily outperform CNPS7000A-(Al)Cu, since it blows away SP-94; the only issue is fitment, orientation and weight, as well as installation difficulty level, but I'll let you be the judge of that for yourself, once you see my review and the images in it. It should be posted within the next couple of days.

But yes, the CNPS7000A-(Al)Cu is a revision on the original CNPS7000-(Al)Cu models, that includes fitment for Socket A platforms. Acoustic and thermal performance is the same between original and the new A models, but thermal performance differs between the Cu and the AlCu models, with the Cu models being slightly better than AlCu; if you adjust the fans to achieve the same thermal performance level, the Cu model will then be operating slightly quieter than the AlCu model.

Neither model should pose much of a threat to Hyper 6 in terms per thermal performance, however.

-Ed

kogi

Post by kogi » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:48 am

Neither model should pose much of a threat to Hyper 6 in terms per thermal performance
Yes, but the Hyper 6 is a 9cm high 1kg monster.
I refuse to strap that thing onto my Motherboard, no matter how silent it is.

kogi

DraGoNsLaYeR

Post by DraGoNsLaYeR » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:49 am

I'll take a good look at that review once it comes around. I'm not amazing with this stuff, like I wouldn't drill holes in my case, but I got the intel heatsink on pretty easily. The weight shouldn't be a problem because im guessing it has its own retension thing, and I don't even move my case much.