Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu + Asus K8N-E Deluxe ...

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Peter2meter

Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu + Asus K8N-E Deluxe ...

Post by Peter2meter » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:00 pm

Hi
I have just ordered this and is now wondering do I have to remove the backplate on Asus, or can I use the one that is already there?
My friend tell me that it's ok just to use it and get som longer screws..
Is that correct? Or please how do I remove the backplate the easiset way from my Asus motherboard?

I hope you understand my spelling.

//Peter2meter

wim

Post by wim » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:58 pm

use the backplate that comes with the 7000B.

did a build here on the weekend. put exact same heatsink on that exact same motherboard :lol: ..pried off the backplate with a flathead screwdriver, it's stuck on with glue. pretty stressful procedure. :lol: that computer is working now, but i take no responsibility for anything you do...

DGK

Post by DGK » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:31 pm

I have the K8V deluxe and its backplate had some pretty strong glue. I used a hair dryer and pointed it directly onto the backplate and warmed it up pretty good. I then used a phillips screwdriver that had a head small enough that the end could fit into the screwholes of the backplate and pushed. It took me a few tries but it finally came off.

nahyah

Post by nahyah » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:40 am

hair dryer works well

Peter2meter

Post by Peter2meter » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:33 pm

Thanx for the help.
This is my first time bulding a computer by myself.
Hopefully it will be a quite one too.

The one I got now is like a Jumbojet.

augen

Post by augen » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:51 pm

I just finished installing a Zalman on that motherboard. No need to remove the Asus backplate. In fact, my Zalman did not include a new backplate, only brass standoffs (for AMD applications) to be installed in place of the black plastic HSF bracket that Asus puts on the mobo. Simply remove the two screws from the bracket, pull off the bracket, then install the brass standoffs. All there is to it. The Zalman goes straight onto the standoffs. Works great, and very quiet when set to run at slow speed.

anthonysimilion

Post by anthonysimilion » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:17 pm

augen wrote:I just finished installing a Zalman on that motherboard. No need to remove the Asus backplate. In fact, my Zalman did not include a new backplate, only brass standoffs (for AMD applications) to be installed in place of the black plastic HSF bracket that Asus puts on the mobo. Simply remove the two screws from the bracket, pull off the bracket, then install the brass standoffs. All there is to it. The Zalman goes straight onto the standoffs. Works great, and very quiet when set to run at slow speed.
You probably purchased a 7000A (instead of a 7000B) - the 'A' model doesn't include a backplate.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:55 pm

Actually it does include a backplate ?????

I already had an "A" working on my Barton, I bought a "B" for my A64 and when I had a problem with the screw threads on the "B" backplate, I used the "A" backplate instead, so I'm very sure there's a backplate in "A"

andywww

backplate

Post by andywww » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:28 pm

I dunno, mine did not come with a backplate. Was it supposed to?

Peter2meter

Post by Peter2meter » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:27 pm

Thanx everybody for your help..
Today i built my first computer from scratch :)
The hair dryer did the work. I just heated up the plate and then took it away.

Jan Kivar
Friend of SPCR

Post by Jan Kivar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:23 am

The CNPS-7000 (with no "A" or "B") doesn't include a backplate, nor the mounting kit for S462. If You have bought the "A" or "B" version, and didn't get the S462 mounting kit, I'd suggest You call the retailer - here the non-letter version is more than 5€ cheaper than the A/B one.

The difference between the A/B is that B is a tad lighter, and it comes with FanMate2.

Cheers,

Jan