Problems installing AOP-6400

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

burk

Problems installing AOP-6400

Post by burk » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:44 am

Hello

I have just bought the Nexus AOP-6400 to make my venice 3200+ a little less noisier, but i have problems installing it. Firs i removed the boxed cooler, witch whent fine. Then i put the AOP-6400 down on the processor (i did not remove the black bracket). Then i saw that the new cooler came with screws, so i removed the white clips to make room for the screws, but when i tried to screw them in they didnt reach through the motherboard... They are about 2cm long. And if they had reached through there wouldnt be anything on the other side for them to screw into. What should i do?

kesv

Re: Problems installing AOP-6400

Post by kesv » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:13 am

burk wrote:Then i saw that the new cooler came with screws, so i removed the white clips to make room for the screws, but when i tried to screw them in they didnt reach through the motherboard...
Based on the instructions it doesn't look like the screws are supposed to go through the motherboard, but instead fasten to the plastic base.

burk

Post by burk » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:29 am

The holes in the black bracket are normally used by the white clips that holds the bracket and the bakplate in place. I had to remove them so that there was room for the screws. Now the backplate is loose and there is nothing in the bracket on the top for the screws to screw into either... :s