Coolermaster Hyper TX AMD

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

xenithon

Coolermaster Hyper TX AMD

Post by xenithon » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:24 am

Hi all. Trying to help a friend put together a quiet PC and he has very limited options for coolers (AM2 based system). He originally wanted to go for the Zalman coolers, but from reviews and user comments, they aren't that quiet (9500, 9700 etc.) and they are also very large/heavy. He prefers something which can blow air toward the rear exhaust, as opposed to up/down the case or onto the mobo.

He was keen on the TT TMG a1 which looks good, but unfortunately it can only be mounted to blow air to the bottom of the chassis or toward the PSU. I came across the Coolermaster Hyper TX AMD, which looks very similar (another Arctic Cooling lookalike) and from reviews, performs very admirable. It also blows air toward the rear. However I have not used it myself and cannot find much info regarding it noise levels, so just wanted to ask if anyone here owns one, has used one, or knows how loud (or not) it is.

Cheers,
X

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:33 am

Hello,

The Scythe Ninja can work the way that you want. It can also work passively with some CPU's. :wink:

J. Sparrow

Post by J. Sparrow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:14 am

The Freezer Pro is a cheap option (about half price than a ninja), offers decent cooling performance (if needed), is quiet (up to 1400 rpm)

And it can be freely oriented :)

SPCR has reviewed the Intel edition, which is almost identical. Check it out

xenithon

Post by xenithon » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:04 am

Hi and thanks for the info, but these are the coolers available to him locally. If anyone has experience with the Hyper TX please let me know....suggestions for other coolers are unfortunately not applicable :oops:

xenithon

Post by xenithon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:55 am

BUMP....has anyone used these coolers before?

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:06 am

Coolermaster Hyper TX AMD looks like the better bet between the two.

xenithon

Post by xenithon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi there and thanks for the info. It seems like a better option indeed, just unsure on its sonic abilities :D . Has anyone perhaps tried any Hyper TX cooler (AMD or Intel version) as I believe the fan and HS is the same, just different mounting mechanism.

X

xenithon

Post by xenithon » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:33 am

BUMP...just wanted to find out if anyone out there has perhaps gotten one of these yet (either the AMD or Intel version) and how they perform in terms of noise.

Cheers,
X

PS. They seem almost identical to the Thermaltake TMG coolers, except that the equivalent TMG cooler has a mounting system which makes the cooler sit perpendicular to the Hyper TX..ie. would blow air to the bottom or top of the chassis instead toward the rear exhaust.

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:03 am

According to one review I saw Hyper TX is better by a very small margin.

I almost feel bad for ordering Ninja. Hyper TX is dirt cheap here, at ,east I think 29 euros is a bargain for that heatsink.

xenithon

Post by xenithon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:47 am

It's very cheap here too...especially since the Ninja isn't generally available and is a special order (import) item. Question is whether it stands up to SPCR criteria :p