Thermalright LGA775 RM works with Scythe Ninja PLUS Rev.B?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Longbow

Thermalright LGA775 RM works with Scythe Ninja PLUS Rev.B?

Post by Longbow » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:53 pm

30 min of blended orthos pushed my pentium e2140 @2.8GHz to 68'c (reported in easytune) ~ 72'c (reported in core temp), with a Scythe Ninja PLUS Rev.B.

the idle temp is 35'c (reported in easytune) ~ 45'c (reported in core temp)

my case has a nexus 120 mm in the back, the stock scythe fan pluged into mobo cpu fan header. arctic ceramic thermal paste and the ninja and cpu had a good even contact according to the paste mark.

besides the temperature difference from different software, i'm wondering if anyone had a similar setup and if the temperature reading is reasonable.

and finally, i'd appreciate someone has done it, could confirm that Thermalright LGA775 RM works with Scythe Ninja PLUS Rev.B (looks good to me :P ). thanks a ton.

Longbow

Post by Longbow » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:48 am

http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main ... lga775.htm

link to thermalright 775rm

update: cpu temp dropped to 63'C peak (core temp) after turning off automatic voltage in bios (vcore droped from 1.4v to 1.28 at full load)

Badger

Post by Badger » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:41 pm

I haven't used that, but I am currently using this http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/lgbowiscsp.html with my Rev. B Ninja fanless and idling at 44-46C and peaking at 57-58C with Orthos after 30 minutes. This is on an E4300 at stock speeds (1.8GHz) running with 1.14V (I set it to 1.050V in RMClock but Speedfan and CoreTemp report 1.14V... my mobo does not support voltage adjustments). I did lap the IHS of the CPU and the base of the Ninja and used AS5. The only fans in the case (SLK3700BQE) are a 120mm Nexus in the back exhaust and another 120mm Nexus in the Seasonic PSU right above the Ninja, both fans are run off the same mobo header and get less than 500 rpm (regardless of load).

I used the metal part of the push-pin assembly (had to remove the plastic push-pins, not too hard to do without breaking them if you stare at them long enough) attached to the Ninja's base. I put a metal washer above each of the four holes of the metal part and then the spring loaded screws through there to the backplate behind the motherboard.

----> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/sho ... tcount=122

(i used one washer on each hole while he used two... my screws bottomed out and I don't think his did).

So I'd say your temps are pretty reasonable considering it's oc'd to 2.8GHz. As far as that thermalright kit, I dont know, but I do know the bolt-thru kit works quite well and is quite cheap.

Something I'd like to add is that amazingly, somehow, the heatpipes of my Ninja never get hot. Even under full load they feel like they're at room temp, maybe a few degrees warmer... I'd put the temperature somewhere between room temp and lukewarm. That's what initially made me want to lap the IHS and Ninja Base (which I know did help), but the Ninja's apparently doing it's job pretty well (and passively in a very low airflow case).

Longbow

Post by Longbow » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:17 am

thanks Badger
Badger wrote:So I'd say your temps are pretty reasonable considering it's oc'd to 2.8GHz. As far as that thermalright kit, I dont know, but I do know the bolt-thru kit works quite well and is quite cheap.

Something I'd like to add is that amazingly, somehow, the heatpipes of my Ninja never get hot. Even under full load they feel like they're at room temp, maybe a few degrees warmer... I'd put the temperature somewhere between room temp and lukewarm. That's what initially made me want to lap the IHS and Ninja Base (which I know did help), but the Ninja's apparently doing it's job pretty well (and passively in a very low airflow case).
ya, even when core temp reports 63'C peak the heatpipe didn't feel as hot as the passive nb heatsink. but it seems work reasonably well in a low air-flow to passive environment.