Noctua NH-U12P vs Sychte Mugen

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Ciril

Noctua NH-U12P vs Sychte Mugen

Post by Ciril » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:29 pm

I was pretty set on the Mugen (best easily available CPU cooler on the SPCR recoommended list here), but then I noticed the NH-U12P was only ~3$ more.
I see the NH-U12P has been reviewed here(http://www.silentpcreview.com/article850-page1.html) and been given a great rating, but it's not on the recommended list.

Which one should I get?

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:40 pm

I am happy with my Noctua, it only needed Slipstream fan instead supplied P12 to become truely inaudiable... I think Noctua's cooler both tower U model and topdown C - model are excellent choices, albeit their weak point is their fan.

I am sure that you won't be disapointed, after all Mugen in seriously heavy cooler with less diserable way of mounting (push-pin for Intel and retention socket in AMD, you know having nearly a 1000 grams hanging on expensive VGA card attached with bit plastic doesn't made me feel secure ). Noctua's moutning is easily best I've come across. Its extremely secure bolt-thru.

Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Lawrence Lee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:35 pm

The recommended list has not been updated in awhile. The NH-U12P is superb - among the top 3 heatsinks we've ever tested.

Ciril

Post by Ciril » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:41 am

Thanks for the replies. It seems I'm getting the Noctua then.