Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer Questions...

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

hillkitler

Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer Questions...

Post by hillkitler » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:04 am

I've read many reviews regarding this cooler, usually pitting it against the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 and the OCZ Vendetta 2. Generally the reviews are pretty indecisive; Frostytech rates it as its #2 cooler, while Benchmarkreviews puts it much further behind (a margin of roughly 4 degrees). I certainly wouldn't plan on using the stock fan, so I'm sure that figures in to my overall results. Both of those sites flout an objective opinion that doesn't seem to be so objective. There are many subjective opinions spread throughout my Google searches, but I value the opinions of SPCR-goers more...so what do you guy's think? They can all be had for around the same prices, so that's not really relevant.

Secondly, the one real criticism that I've encountered in regard to the Core-Contact is that not all of the heatpipes contact on a Core 2 Duo die, reducing effectiveness. This is certainly true. I think, however, that this would INCREASE the effectiveness on the larger Socket 1366 (i7) dies. Does anyone else feel this would be the case?