Which Xigmatek based cooler has the best\quiet stock fan?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

morgtom

Which Xigmatek based cooler has the best\quiet stock fan?

Post by morgtom » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:04 am

Hey guys, I'm looking for the quietest\best performing CPU cooler while keeping things as easy and cheap as possible.

My local shop stocks these models, if there are other models based on the Xigmatek please do say.

HDT-S1283, OCZ Vendetta 2, Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Red Scorpion \ black night, Achilles S1284C and Xigmatek HDT-D1284.

Are they all the same dimensions?

So what do you think guys? Which has the best fan, which model would you choose and why?

Thanks heaps for any help!

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:24 am

Hi,

If any of the fans are made from opaque plastic, then those will be quieter than the transparent ones (if the RPM's are the same) -- the clear plastic is much more brittle and it resonates more.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:53 am

I have redscorpion version. Its led fan is quite horrible. At all speeds you have tonality, grinding and hissing sound. So your best bet is probably original Xigmatek that uses black fan or just buy any cooler and put quieter fan on it.

casebuyer

Post by casebuyer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:57 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:Hi,

If any of the fans are made from opaque plastic, then those will be quieter than the transparent ones (if the RPM's are the same) -- the clear plastic is much more brittle and it resonates more.
thanks

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:54 am

If you want cheap & easy, don't be afraid to check out 'sinks with 92mm fans. Have been very satisfied with my Xigmatek HDT-SD964 - plenty of cooling, extremely easy installation due to small size and cheap as dirt. Since your stores have the bigger models from Xigmatek, I'm sure they stock the small ones too.

Price difference is some 10-15 euros here between the 120mm and 92mm models.