I love my new slk-800a!

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

IceFire
Friend of SPCR

I love my new slk-800a!

Post by IceFire » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:16 am

Just got my slk-800A yesterday and I love it. The CPU temp drop by 6C over my volcano 7+ with the same low speed NMB 80mm fan. I'm going to try a sunon fan and put a fanmate on it to see how much it will drop. My current temp is 51C without load and 60C running prime95 with room temp at 21C. By the way, my cpu is 1700+ palomino @1.6v.

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:14 am

Yes, same here. My mobo temp also drops a few degrees. If I let it blow I can feel a build-up of hot air around the northbridge and the mosfets.
With case open, my cpu temp is around 45C stressed. Dunno what temp it is idle, it never idles (folding 24/7 :)). I'm talking about my HTPC btw (read sig). I have to leave my case open otherwise the fan of the psu starts spinning up. I'm working on a duct to blow that air straight out the back.

Edit: forgot to add that my tbird 1.4 produces as much heat as your palomino, if not more.
Last edited by Wrah on Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:04 am

Wrah wrote:Dunno what temp it is idle, it never idles (folding 24/7 )
Exactly. Mine never idles either. The only time FAH stops is to play Rise of Nations. After RON is done, FAH is back running again. I couldn't give you idle temps if I tried. RON actually makes everything hotter since it ramps up my VGA card.

I will have to try that fan blowing out thing instead of onto my SLK.. Its so easy with this sink you can't not try it.