Thermalright Venomous X RT2 Silent Edition

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

fumino

Thermalright Venomous X RT2 Silent Edition

Post by fumino » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 pm

figured i'd post this, as the venomous-x doesnt get a lot of love. [product page]

i think its a pretty interesting product by thermalright. theyve taken their venomous-x rt, and switched to two ~600rpm FDB fans from the single ~1300 rpm FDB fan that ship with the standard version. the fin spacing on the venomous-x is much wider than the TRUE; it's stated as being 1.9mm vs the 1.52 spcr measured with the TRUE rev.c; though it maintains the same count of 47 fins. not really sure how they manage that , lol.

given the pricing/features/accessories, it looks like thermalright is aiming squarely at the u12p-se2, and looks like it'll be winning. im still wondering when noctua will be releasing the six heat pipe version of the u12p for standard sockets... maybe they want to get a better idea about the die size of lga2011 before a product refresh... but im rambling. regardless of what noctua is doing, this looks like a potentially great cooler. perhaps the best 120mm fan cooler out there for quiet cooling.

ces

Re: Thermalright Venomous X RT2 Silent Edition

Post by ces » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:38 am

fumino wrote:fim still wondering when noctua will be releasing the six heat pipe version of the u12p for standard sockets
Please explain???? it has 6 pipes and it fits all sockets???

fumino

Re: Thermalright Venomous X RT2 Silent Edition

Post by fumino » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:54 pm

there is a six heatpipe version of the u12p. no it doesnt fit all sockets, as noted by my wondering of when they'd decide to grace us with that mystical upgrade.

nh-u12do-a3. compatible with c32 and g34 sockets(and therefore, with socket f{3.5" and 4.1" pitch} iirc, though dont quote me on that)

looks just like the nh-u12p, just has 6 heatpipes. im not sure if the standard noctua mounting kit is compatible.