Look certainly nicer, let's hope it still performs well too

CA_Steve

Re: Kotetsu Mark II

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:32 pm

sweet!

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:47 am

Very interesting! I thought the original already clear of most RAM? The nickel plated copper base sounds great.

lb_felipe

Post by lb_felipe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 am

ComputerBase did not like that fan (Kaze Flex 120 PWM) when it comes to noise on the Mugen 5.

Gunbuster

Post by Gunbuster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:41 pm

lb_felipe wrote:ComputerBase did not like that fan (Kaze Flex 120 PWM) when it comes to noise on the Mugen 5.
they seemed to like the Kotetsu MK II https://www.computerbase.de/2017-12/cpu ... ound-up/5/

lb_felipe

Post by lb_felipe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Gunbuster wrote:
lb_felipe wrote:ComputerBase did not like that fan (Kaze Flex 120 PWM) when it comes to noise on the Mugen 5.
they seemed to like the Kotetsu MK II https://www.computerbase.de/2017-12/cpu ... ound-up/5/
Thanks for the link.

I did not find comments about noise characteristics of fan. Please, point out me where he said about that.

Here is the comment about fan of Mugen 5:

"Obwohl der Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B mit einem 140-Millimeter-Lüfter ausgestattet ist, sind die Lüfterklammern für Ventilatoren mit einem Lochabstand von 105 Millimetern ausgelegt, dem Standardformat für Lüfter mit 120 Millimetern Rahmenbreite. Als Referenzlüfter erhält der Macho daher ebenso wie Mugen 4 und Mugen 5 einen Noctua NF-F12 PWM. Der Macho verliert nun also seinen Größenvorteil beim Lüfter."
https://www.computerbase.de/2016-12/scy ... nzlueftern

"Lüfter arbeitet mit leisen Nebengeräuschen"
https://www.computerbase.de/2016-12/scy ... er-test/5/

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:36 pm

The Googlish translation of the comment about the Mugen 5 is "Although the Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B is equipped with a 140-millimeter fan, the fan brackets are designed for fans with a pitch of 105 millimeters, the standard format for fans with 120 millimeters of frame width, so the Macho also receives as a reference fan Like Mugen 4 and Mugen 5, a Noctua NF-F12 PWM, the macho now loses its economies of scale in the fan."

And the second comment is "Fan works with quiet background noise". Neither to me seems to add up to much, it just makes the absence of the SPCR fan and CPU cooler reviews that gave much more specific information about fan noise even more keenly felt. Latterly this included sound readings in both voltage and PWM modes, and a PWM profile using Asus Fan Xpert software. The main issue in the UK with the Kotetsu Mark II is finding it, and finding it at Scythe's intended price point which is supposed to be around that of the Cooler Master 212 Evo, around £27.

Gunbuster

Post by Gunbuster » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:24 am

lodestar wrote:... The main issue in the UK with the Kotetsu Mark II is finding it, and finding it at Scythe's intended price point which is supposed to be around that of the Cooler Master 212 Evo, around £27.
Yeah the main issue is that Scythe EU is based in Germany. This usually means that the UK lags behind getting their coolers or you have the delivery cost coming from Germany. For example the Germany based Alternate often have better prices on items than elsewhere https://www.alternate.co.uk/Scythe/Kote ... ent=search £32.49 isn't bad, but you need to add around £9.90 in postage. However that does cover you up to 40KG, so a bundle of items might produce a saving.

That said I found Scythe EU to be fine to deal with when I got my AM4 bracket for the MK I.

lb_felipe

Post by lb_felipe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:48 am

lodestar wrote:The Googlish translation of the comment about the Mugen 5 is "Although the Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B is equipped with a 140-millimeter fan, the fan brackets are designed for fans with a pitch of 105 millimeters, the standard format for fans with 120 millimeters of frame width, so the Macho also receives as a reference fan Like Mugen 4 and Mugen 5, a Noctua NF-F12 PWM, the macho now loses its economies of scale in the fan."

And the second comment is "Fan works with quiet background noise". Neither to me seems to add up to much, it just makes the absence of the SPCR fan and CPU cooler reviews that gave much more specific information about fan noise even more keenly felt. Latterly this included sound readings in both voltage and PWM modes, and a PWM profile using Asus Fan Xpert software. The main issue in the UK with the Kotetsu Mark II is finding it, and finding it at Scythe's intended price point which is supposed to be around that of the Cooler Master 212 Evo, around £27.
I'm sorry. I messed up at the time to transcribe here.

This is what I wanted to post out:

"Auch wenn die Ventilatoren der drei Kühler nicht schlecht sind, arbeitet keiner völlig ohne Nebengeräusche: Sowohl der Lüfter des Mugen 4 als auch der des Mugen 5 fallen durch ein konstantes, wenn auch leises Klackern auf. Das Geräusch ist auch bei der Minimaldrehzahl des Mugen-5-Lüfters (knapp über 300 U/min) hörbar, wenn im Abstand von wenigen Zentimetern am Gehäusedeckel gelauscht wird. Bei diesem Abstand kann aber auch der Lüfter des Thermalright Macho durch schwache Kratzgeräusche wahrgenommen werden, wenn er mit Minimaldrehzahl arbeitet."

Reachable
Friend of SPCR

Post by Reachable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:28 am

"Auch wenn die Ventilatoren der drei Kühler nicht schlecht sind, arbeitet keiner völlig ohne Nebengeräusche: Sowohl der Lüfter des Mugen 4 als auch der des Mugen 5 fallen durch ein konstantes, wenn auch leises Klackern auf. Das Geräusch ist auch bei der Minimaldrehzahl des Mugen-5-Lüfters (knapp über 300 U/min) hörbar, wenn im Abstand von wenigen Zentimetern am Gehäusedeckel gelauscht wird. Bei diesem Abstand kann aber auch der Lüfter des Thermalright Macho durch schwache Kratzgeräusche wahrgenommen werden, wenn er mit Minimaldrehzahl arbeitet."

Google translation:

"Even though the fans of the three coolers are not bad, no one works completely without background noise: Both the fans of the Mugen 4 and the Mugen 5 are characterized by a constant, albeit slight clacking noise.The noise is also at the minimum speed of the Mugen -5 fan (just over 300 rpm) audible when listening at a distance of a few centimeters on the housing cover.At this distance, but also the fan of the Thermalright Macho be perceived by faint scratching noise when working at minimum speed. "

lb_felipe

Post by lb_felipe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:37 pm

I found this too:

German:
"Eine Kritik auf hohem Niveau gibt es aber doch: Der Lüfter des Mugen 5 arbeitet zwar leise, kann in sehr ruhiger Umgebung aber aufgrund von Lagergeräuschen wahrgenommen werden – auch mit Minimaldrehzahl."

English (Google Translator):
"However, there is a criticism on a high level but yet: The fan of the Mugen 5 works quietly, but can be perceived in very quiet environment but due to bearing noise - even with minimum speed."

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-12/scy ... er-test/5/

I do not know whether he said anything like that in the Kotetsu Mark II review Since both use the same fan (Kaze Flex 120 PWM).