Gonna buy a 3900x which is the MOST silent fan for it?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

silenceorgtfo

Gonna buy a 3900x which is the MOST silent fan for it?

Post by silenceorgtfo » Thu May 30, 2019 9:48 am

I am confused, does Noctua support the socket yet?

which is the most silent fan? I will be making music so the smallest fan noise drives me nuts

I have a fraktal define r4 case so im worried maybe the mammoth sized noctua one doesnt fit?

flyingsherpa
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Gonna buy a 3900x which is the MOST silent fan for it?

Post by flyingsherpa » Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 am

Noctua has supported AM4 socket for quite a while now. Though not all models have support by default, some need an add-on kit (free from Noctua, last I checked). But check compatibility, most now have it in the box.

The massive D15 may or may not fit... check a site like pcpartpicker, you can probably find pics of someone using your exact case and any popular heatsink. If I were you, I'd be looking at the U12A, as it has similar performance as the D15 but is easier to work with.

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Thu May 30, 2019 12:05 pm

According to Fractal the R4 will take a CPU cooler up to 170mm tall (as long as no side-fan is installed). The Noctua NH-U12A is 158mm tall; the NH-D15 comes in at 165mm.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Thu May 30, 2019 12:27 pm

lodestar wrote:According to Fractal the R4 will take a CPU cooler up to 170mm tall (as long as no side-fan is installed). The Noctua NH-U12A is 158mm tall; the NH-D15 comes in at 165mm.
So the NH D15 will be insanely close? add in the mobo space to that 165...

I just dont know because on this chart the 12A isnt even there

Should I just mount the stock fan that comes with the 3900x and wait for noctua to oficially release AM14 support for the rest?

maybe uh12a is enough and it's just dumb to buy the bigger ones because since I will run stock speeds it may not be noticeable and will be as quiet as the bigger ones????????????

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu May 30, 2019 1:52 pm

The R4 can fit up to 170mm according to fractal, but when i had the R4 it can certainly fit much higher, probably 190mm+, it will fit any tower on the market. Btw, before giving away my R4 to a friend i mounted a NH-U14S and had a case fan on the side and had no issues, that said i dont recommend using the side fan with no filters and noise will get out.

I would suggest NH-D15s, the S version will ensure you don't overlap the first PCIe slot, the catch here is that it will only come with one fan, if you want to run it at lower rpms get an extra NF-A15, the problem is the included fan is 1500rpms, the retail version of the NF-A15 is 1200rpms, so if you were to try to match the speeds, then go with the chromax NF-A15 as the included fan it reaches 1500rpms, but then the price start to rise up considerably over most coolers.

One restriction that NH-D15s with twin fans is memory height restriction, and thinking that past Ryzen cpus benefit from faster memory more than intel, is likely that you might not end with standard height memory, if that's the route you are going, i suggest you take a look into Thermalright Le Grand Macho, it should perform very well under low rpms, and fairly decent on high rpms. Fan that it comes is decent enough for quiet operation, the only catch here is the mounting of the cooler is not super easy, i recommend to do it outside the case and if you can someone to help you (at least the first installs helps to have someone else hold it while you align the mounting screw/latch), while the NH-D15S is much easier to mount.
maybe uh12a is enough and it's just dumb to buy the bigger ones because since I will run stock speeds it may not be noticeable and will be as quiet as the bigger ones????????????
If you can mount either of the above, it would be better than NH-U12A, only circumstance that it preforms similar is under high to max rpms, and while the NF-A12x25 is a superb fan, at 2k rpms is very noticeble and loud, running it a lower rpms, both the NH-D15s and LeGrandMacho will perform better.
Should I just mount the stock fan that comes with the 3900x and wait for noctua to oficially release AM14 support for the rest?
IIRC the NH-D15S, NH-U12A and LeGrandMacho come with AM4 mounting already.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Thu May 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Abula wrote:The R4 can fit up to 170mm according to fractal, but when i had the R4 it can certainly fit much higher, probably 190mm+, it will fit any tower on the market. Btw, before giving away my R4 to a friend i mounted a NH-U14S and had a case fan on the side and had no issues, that said i dont recommend using the side fan with no filters and noise will get out.

I would suggest NH-D15s, the S version will ensure you don't overlap the first PCIe slot, the catch here is that it will only come with one fan, if you want to run it at lower rpms get an extra NF-A15, the problem is the included fan is 1500rpms, the retail version of the NF-A15 is 1200rpms, so if you were to try to match the speeds, then go with the chromax NF-A15 as the included fan it reaches 1500rpms, but then the price start to rise up considerably over most coolers.

One restriction that NH-D15s with twin fans is memory height restriction, and thinking that past Ryzen cpus benefit from faster memory more than intel, is likely that you might not end with standard height memory, if that's the route you are going, i suggest you take a look into Thermalright Le Grand Macho, it should perform very well under low rpms, and fairly decent on high rpms. Fan that it comes is decent enough for quiet operation, the only catch here is the mounting of the cooler is not super easy, i recommend to do it outside the case and if you can someone to help you (at least the first installs helps to have someone else hold it while you align the mounting screw/latch), while the NH-D15S is much easier to mount.
If you can mount either of the above, it would be better than NH-U12A, only circumstance that it preforms similar is under high to max rpms, and while the NF-A12x25 is a superb fan, at 2k rpms is very noticeble and loud, running it a lower rpms, both the NH-D15s and LeGrandMacho will perform better.
IIRC the NH-D15S, NH-U12A and LeGrandMacho come with AM4 mounting already.
I guess i will need to wait and see if NH-D15s is compatible with the rams i will buy with the mobo i will buy.. im not going to buy fancy rams, again it's stock speeds for me, so I dont expect any problems? we'll see, just a month to find out.

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu May 30, 2019 10:47 pm

silenceorgtfo wrote:I guess i will need to wait and see if NH-D15s is compatible with the rams i will buy with the mobo i will buy.. im not going to buy fancy rams, again it's stock speeds for me, so I dont expect any problems? we'll see, just a month to find out.
Check independant reviews in a month, see how Ryzen 3000 behaves with memory, if its like their past generations, there are good gains on running faster memory, a lot more than what intel gains. Now Ryzen 3000 according to the release information will support DDR4 3200 stock (unsure if it will be at 1.2V or the usual 1.35V), the G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX was one of the best memory you could get for a ryzen build, but past gens were very picky about memory, mostly samsung b-die was of the few that people were able to get 3200 memory running, but probably new controllers have mature a lot more in terms of ram compatibility, i would still look for Samsung B-Die if you can, mostly because of the success it had on Ryzen and Ryzen+.

With memory like GSkill FlareX i would go with LeGrandMacho, with memory like Corsair LPX or standard height i would go with the NH-D15s (adding a second fan).

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:18 am

Abula wrote:
silenceorgtfo wrote:I guess i will need to wait and see if NH-D15s is compatible with the rams i will buy with the mobo i will buy.. im not going to buy fancy rams, again it's stock speeds for me, so I dont expect any problems? we'll see, just a month to find out.
Check independant reviews in a month, see how Ryzen 3000 behaves with memory, if its like their past generations, there are good gains on running faster memory, a lot more than what intel gains. Now Ryzen 3000 according to the release information will support DDR4 3200 stock (unsure if it will be at 1.2V or the usual 1.35V), the G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX was one of the best memory you could get for a ryzen build, but past gens were very picky about memory, mostly samsung b-die was of the few that people were able to get 3200 memory running, but probably new controllers have mature a lot more in terms of ram compatibility, i would still look for Samsung B-Die if you can, mostly because of the success it had on Ryzen and Ryzen+.

With memory like GSkill FlareX i would go with LeGrandMacho, with memory like Corsair LPX or standard height i would go with the NH-D15s (adding a second fan).
I was plannig on buying this one:

is this samsung? how do I even know?

I wonder if this one will give problems with the D15s and 570x mobo... I dont know how im going to find out since it would someone builds a setup with these exact components which is unlikely.

Abula

Post by Abula » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:37 am

silenceorgtfo wrote:is this samsung? how do I even know?
Do you have a model that you are planning on buying? something like F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:49 pm

Abula wrote:
Do you have a model that you are planning on buying? something like F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ
the pic i posted is from here:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/gskill-tr ... x16gb-cl14

it's this one, this is the one i would like to buy... all things considered it seems like the best one price/quality, the low latency is nice, others:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-v ... x16gb-cl16

way cheaper but cl16.. im not sure how much relevancy cl14 to cl16 will be

Abula

Post by Abula » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:13 pm

silenceorgtfo wrote:
Abula wrote:
the pic i posted is from here:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/gskill-tr ... x16gb-cl14

it's this one, this is the one i would like to buy... all things considered it seems like the best one price/quality, the low latency is nice, others:
It is Samsung B-Die, Is F4-3200C14D-32GTZ 2X16 Samsung B-Die?.
silenceorgtfo wrote:https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-v ... x16gb-cl16

way cheaper but cl16.. im not sure how much relevancy cl14 to cl16 will be
This is standard height memory, so it should allow the frontal NF-A15, the problems with Corsair is to get b-die is much harder, as they have versions on each model, and the ver defines which memory modules were sourced form, from what i remember, Samsung b-die is ver4.39, ver5.25 was Hynex and 3.21 was Micron. I usually buy this type of memory used, so i can ask the owner to screenshot the version.

But i wouldnt put to much thought atm to the memory, wait for independent reviews, probably youtubers like HardwareUnboxed will do tests with memory timings and bandwidth like he has done in the past two ryzen releases, Make your Ryzen CPU faster, Memory Tuning Performance, Massive Gaming Gains!.

See how the 3900x behaves with memory, see if its worth going 2666/3000/3200 (all should be supported stock), or if there are gains going 3600/4000, this is something that no know knows atm, nor how compatible are the the controllers with other memory vendors, i would wait for the motherboard to have the QVL List on and chose from there to what you have available to have a better shot to run them at the rated speeds.

Abula

Post by Abula » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Some news were released today on AMD E3 presentation of NAVI/Ryzen. Seems memory sweatspots are going to be 3200CL14, 3600CL16, 3733CL17.

AMD E3 Overload: 16 Core Ryzen, Two Navi RX 5700 GPUs, Benchmarks, Architectures & More

I would wait on real benchmarks to see if AMD claims are true, its very likely that hardwareUnboxed is going to test different memory timings.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:32 am

Yup imma wait a good month post release, we should have all tests by then...

In my country there was a leak with this prices:

I think I can have 3900x + x570 mobo + Noctua fan + ram + SSD for under 1500€... good investment I think, should last me for the next 10 years.

Btw, any news on which fan to buy? We have the mobo measurements now... so which most silent fan to buy? We must wait for tests with the rams to see if they fit?

You mentioned NH-D15s with 2 fans... does it make a difference in noise?

Oh I forgot.. thermal paste.. does the noctua come with their own thermal paste?

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:29 am

silenceorgtfo wrote:I think I can have 3900x + x570 mobo + Noctua fan + ram + SSD for under 1500€... good investment I think, should last me for the next 10 years.
I have two totally different ways of seeing this,
1) We are atm in a very competive situation with AMD trying and very likely to get a good market share, but intel having so much resources will bounce back, so i expect good upgrades from gen to gen, under this scenario, 10 years is a timeframe too big to say it will work out. We have DDR5, USB4, PCIe 5.0 coming in the next 3 years, so who knows how far x570 will be competitive.
2) Most of the high end cpus are a lot more than what the average user needs, so you might be right in terms of a 12 core lasting a lot, but depends on your needs and uses. Overtime i do expect software designers to take advantage more cores, specially with PS5 and the new Xbox being multi core... we will see games engines supporting more and more cores.
silenceorgtfo wrote:Btw, any news on which fan to buy? We have the mobo measurements now... so which most silent fan to buy?
Not sure if you mean fan or cpu cooler, if you mean fan Noctua NF-A12x25 for 120mm and BeQuiet BL067 for 140mm are to me the best fans for cases. Now if you mean CPU cooler, nothing has changed, the AM4 mount will be used by X570/Ryzen 3000, the coolers from most manufactures already have AM4 mounting brackets, so there are no new things atm that will change radically the CPU cooling market. Noctua has NH-D15Sv2 coming soon, but its likely that will come in 2020, Scythe im not aware of new coolers, Thermalright has the new SA T8 but don't seem like ground breaking, to me atm the most capable cooler are still NH-D15S (with two fans) and Thermalright LeGrandMacho (single fan), with coolers like Scythe Mugen5 and Kotetsu MarkII offer good value for the money.
silenceorgtfo wrote:We must wait for tests with the rams to see if they fit?
Motherboards will have standard placements of their AM4 sockets on the vast majority of offerings, so think of this as its going to be same in terms of fit and restrictions as today, to make it more clear, whatever fits on X470 is very likely that will fit the same on X570. But as i said previously, I would only chose the NH-D15S if i were to use it with two fans, else there are cheaper options that will not restrict the memory height that will perform comparable.
silenceorgtfo wrote:You mentioned NH-D15s with 2 fans... does it make a difference in noise?
Yes, specially at low rpms the second fan helps a lot, allowing you lower rpm operation or better temps, either way it does make a difference at low rpms (at high rpms its not as much). But there I would pick the LeGrandMacho over the NH-D15S if i were not to use two fans on the NH-D15S. But take into account, that we haven't seen operational temperature of any Ryzen 3000, could be that it doesn't need a great cooler or could be that even with the best it will need a ton of rpms and you will never be able to use it quietly (making this up, no one knows aside from AMD employees).
silenceorgtfo wrote:Oh I forgot.. thermal paste.. does the noctua come with their own thermal paste?
Yes, Noctua coolers usually come with NT-H1 which is a very good thermal paste. There are better but its 1 or 2C difference, i would use the included on the noctua cooler.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi, so the thing has been for a while now... what do we know?

I think i've read 3200mhz with cl14 is ideal, or is it 3600mhz with 16cl?

In terms of fan, do we have any temps tests and to see if there will not be problems fitting a certain ram+fan+mobo+case combos?

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Anyone got the 3900x and tested with any silent fans???

thesmileyone

Post by thesmileyone » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:29 am

Get the D15-AM4, and buy a pair of NF A12x25 PWM's to replace the 140's it comes with. Install them on a LNA each and run them around 20%. It will be next to silent, with great performance and no clicking. You're not going to get better than that on air. If that doesn't work then it's water / AIO for you.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:24 am

thesmileyone wrote:Get the D15-AM4, and buy a pair of NF A12x25 PWM's to replace the 140's it comes with. Install them on a LNA each and run them around 20%. It will be next to silent, with great performance and no clicking. You're not going to get better than that on air. If that doesn't work then it's water / AIO for you.

What is an LNA?? How do I do this? I dont want to fry the CPU.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:22 am

Noctua fans come with a low noise adapter that lowers the rpm range.

CPUs don't "fry" any more. They note the high temp and throttle until it goes away. It's doubtful you will ever see a high enough temp to cause throttling.

lb_felipe

Post by lb_felipe » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:16 pm

At your guess which is the best heatsink for Ryzen 9 to be used with one or more NF-A12x25?

I am inspired by this video, but he still used an NF-A15 in the center. I wonder if there would be too much performance loss with a pair of NF-A12x25. Why do I want that? Just because sound signature (all fans with good acoustics, without whining or clicking and from the same model).

https://youtu.be/FVlKC0J9Fnw

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:33 am

So its been weeks now. If you were to buy a 3900x for a silent build (with no liquid cooling) which MOBO, PSU, CPU fan, and RAM would you get a this point??

Any BIOS/flashing upgrades I would need to do?

lb_felipe

Post by lb_felipe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:57 pm

I have seen on Overclock.net that ARO-M14 may be better than big coolers like Le Grand Macho and NH-D15 just because it has a concave to flat base instead of convex base the other has (because they are Intel oriented rathar than AMD). If I am not wrong NH-U12A is neutral in that matter, that is, it should have perfectly flat base.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:00 am

lb_felipe wrote:I have seen on Overclock.net that ARO-M14 may be better than big coolers like Le Grand Macho and NH-D15 just because it has a concave to flat base instead of convex base the other has (because they are Intel oriented rathar than AMD). If I am not wrong NH-U12A is neutral in that matter, that is, it should have perfectly flat base.
But how silent is that one compared to others? any tests?

Like I said I just want stock speeds on everything, I just want everything to work, and be as silent as possible. i need PSU, MOBO, RAM, and FAN combo, otherwise im paranoid that something will not work with each other.

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 am

silenceorgtfo wrote:Like I said I just want stock speeds on everything, I just want everything to work, and be as silent as possible. i need PSU, MOBO, RAM, and FAN combo, otherwise im paranoid that something will not work with each other.
This is what i would do, but as a warning i overspend a lot of the time, so its up to you.

Mobo: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME, the only fanless chipset mobo on x570. Also this motherboard was one of the few that gets the best boost clocks out of multiple ryzen tested in AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen Boost Clock Investigation, if you find it too expensive, then consider X470/B450 or wait until 2020 for B550, personally i don't trust proprietary chipsets fans.

PSU: CORSAIR RMx Series RM650x 2018 CP-9020178-NA, its a good and decently quiet psu, recommended a lot here for its price, there are better but imo this will do just fine.

Ram + CPU Cooler
Here gets more complicated, to me the best all around cooler out is NH-D15S specially if you can fit a second NF-A15, so if thats the route you want, then standard profile memory is needed. Ryzen 3000 sweatspot in memory is 3600, but my suggestion goes into a memory that has worked the best with past ryzen series, which is only 3200 but with very tight timings, G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 / B350 Memory (Desktop Memory) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX

If you want to persue 3600, there are lots of options, but nothing is fully guarantee to work, check the QLV Memory list for the motherboard you buy, its more likely that it will work if its already been tested by them,

For NH-D15 + 2x NF-A15 i would consider CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model CMK32GX4M2K3600C16 (you cant use the ram fan cooler with the NH-d15S, but its the only way this ram is sold). Again check the QVL of the motherboard you buy before purchasing.

Thermarlight LeGrandMacho or Macho AM4 or Scythe Mugen5 or Fuma2, all of them don't interfere with the ram slots, so you can go with any height you wish, Gskill released some new memory marketed as design for Ryzen 3000, again check the QVL memory list before buying. Gskill has the new Trident Neo, design for AMD.

I would suggest to wait a couple of months more, for bios to mature more and have better support for memory, if you cant, i would go with Gskill FlareX, its very likely that will run fine as its been around for a long time and past ryzen gens was one of the fastest memory that could run with XMP.
Last edited by Abula on Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

lb_felipe

Post by lb_felipe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:57 am

silenceorgtfo wrote:
lb_felipe wrote:I have seen on Overclock.net that ARO-M14 may be better than big coolers like Le Grand Macho and NH-D15 just because it has a concave to flat base instead of convex base the other has (because they are Intel oriented rathar than AMD). If I am not wrong NH-U12A is neutral in that matter, that is, it should have perfectly flat base.
But how silent is that one compared to others? any tests?

Like I said I just want stock speeds on everything, I just want everything to work, and be as silent as possible. i need PSU, MOBO, RAM, and FAN combo, otherwise im paranoid that something will not work with each other.
I do not know. See:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/c ... zen_2_ihs/

"I've returned my LGM RT and replaced it with an ARO-M14.
My temperatures dropped from 80-82°C to 74-75°C."

https://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air ... st28093464

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Abula wrote:
silenceorgtfo wrote:Like I said I just want stock speeds on everything, I just want everything to work, and be as silent as possible. i need PSU, MOBO, RAM, and FAN combo, otherwise im paranoid that something will not work with each other.
This is what i would do, but as a warning i overspend a lot of the time, so its up to you.

Mobo: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME, the only fanless chipset mobo on x570. Also this motherboard was one of the few that gets the best boost clocks out of multiple ryzen tested in AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen Boost Clock Investigation, if you find it too expensive, then consider X470/B450 or wait until 2020 for B550, personally i don't trust proprietary chipsets fans.

PSU: CORSAIR RMx Series RM650x 2018 CP-9020178-NA, its a good and decently quiet psu, recommended a lot here for its price, there are better but imo this will do just fine.

Ram + CPU Cooler
Here gets more complicated, to me the best all around cooler out is NH-D15S specially if you can fit a second NF-A15, so if thats the route you want, then standard profile memory is needed. Ryzen 3000 sweatspot in memory is 3600, but my suggestion goes into a memory that has worked the best with past ryzen series, which is only 3200 but with very tight timings, G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 / B350 Memory (Desktop Memory) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX

If you want to persue 3600, there are lots of options, but nothing is fully guarantee to work, check the QLV Memory list for the motherboard you buy, its more likely that it will work if its already been tested by them,

For NH-D15 + 2x NF-A15 i would consider CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model CMK32GX4M2K3600C16 (you cant use the ram fan cooler with the NH-d15S, but its the only way this ram is sold). Again check the QVL of the motherboard you buy before purchasing.

Thermarlight LeGrandMacho or Macho AM4 or Scythe Mugen5 or Fuma2, all of them don't interfere with the ram slots, so you can go with any height you wish, Gskill released some new memory marketed as design for Ryzen 3000, again check the QVL memory list before buying. Gskill has the new Trident Neo, design for AMD.

I would suggest to wait a couple of months more, for bios to mature more and have better support for memory, if you cant, i would go with Gskill FlareX, its very likely that will run fine as its been around for a long time and past ryzen gens was one of the fastest memory that could run with XMP.
Is a chipster fan that noticeable?

The aorus is insanely expensive, im not willing to spend more than like 300 bucks tops for a mobo...

The corsair one are the only ones compatible with the noctua? seems like a waste paying for that fan thingo for nothing.

I can keep waiting, however, my limit is windows 7 support expiration, then I will be forced to get a new computer that can properly run windows 10.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 am

Anyone can give me a definitive combo of PSU+MOBO+ram+CPU fan so I order all the exact parts I need and don't screw up?

My case is still the fraktar define r4

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:08 am

Can someone give me a list of the components to buy? Its urgent, I must update now or I will go insane, my q6600 is too slow, I cant work like this, im going nuts.

silenceorgtfo

Post by silenceorgtfo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:33 am

I was recommended this fan because there is barely any difference in sound vs the more expensive noctua:

Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler

cany anyone confirm?

Abula

Post by Abula » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:48 am

The Scythe Fuma 2 is a great cooler and its very capable, the NH-D15S will be slightly better but not by much, and this way you can buy whatever ram you see on QVL List, as it will not overlap with the memory.

Be sure to think if you really need the 3900x as its a hot running cpu, if you do need it its fine, but if you dont you simply making it harder and more expensive to end up with a quiet setup.