SilenX 80mm 14dBA Case Fan 28cfm??

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Copyright

SilenX 80mm 14dBA Case Fan 28cfm??

Post by Copyright » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:43 pm

Is this fan for real? My Stealth fans are 21db at 27cfm and 14 db at 28cfm is incredable.

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:25 pm

If you had searched the forums for SilentX, then you would not have had to wait for someone to type the answer. This question is asked at least once a week plus the answer can be found in at least one sticky thread. Please read the sticky threads. They are made sticky to prevent repetitive questions like this one.

The answer still is: SilentX fans are reasonably quiet (More quiet than your Vantec Stealth.), but their specs are utter bull manure.

P.S. Can some mod move this to the fans and control section where it belongs.

bob670

Post by bob670 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:02 am

Hmm, I use the all the time and they seem to move about (or barely just under) thier listed CFM, I would hardly call that "utter bull". They definitely work better in larger cases with better airflow, I feel I get around 28CFM in my Cooler Master Praetorian yet I tried one in my Shuttle SK41G and I'm sure it was far under spec. I think the blade design needs an ample air path to draw from or they do grossly underperform. Not scientific of course, but I replaced 2 less-than-silent Cooler Master stock fans rated at 27cfm/26dba with 2 SilenX fans rated at 28cfm/14dba and my temps stayed the same but noise easily dropped by half.

I like 'em, give 'em a shot.

Twill

Post by Twill » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:58 am

The big problem with SilenX (at least why they didnt do well in the shuttle) is that they have a very low static pressure so just cant push through a restrictive airspace. (at SilenX's own admission)

Hope that helps

Twill

Sizzle
Patron of SPCR

Post by Sizzle » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:52 am

I think the newer SilenX's have a slight click to them, but still quieter then a Panaflo L1A, which I think comparatively moves slightly more air.