AcoustiFan Ultra-Quiet 12025B-->Experiences?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

fmriguy

AcoustiFan Ultra-Quiet 12025B-->Experiences?

Post by fmriguy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:01 am

I'm always on the lookout for a quieterfasterbettermoreefficient fan and found this recent review of a new model of AcoustiFan, the 12025B.

It runs faster (1500, 56 cfm) than the Nexus, but the specs claim that it is just 1-2 dB louder. I'm a disbeliever until I get some confirmation from the regulars. They're also guaranteed to start at 5 volts. Has anyone here had any personal experience with this fan?

If you want to check out the review, here's the link:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=220&pid=1

Flanno

Post by Flanno » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:47 am

Yes...I have these new 120mm Acouti dustproof fans and am impressed. Mainly because I believe there claims about the airflow. They definitley cool my system a hell of a lot better then the Nexus ever did. Simply put your hand up to these at 12v and you can feel the airflow. However noise wise they are definitley a lot louder. Mainly you can hear the whoosh of air, not really any motor noise, most noticeable if you have one mounted flush against the front of your case, even if you use rubber grommets or a gasket. Can be a bit irritating. However I think they undervolt very well. At 7v they are pushing out over 40cfm's according to the manufacturer and the airflow still feels more substantial then the nexus at 12v. Noise wise they are approx the same at 7v as the nexus are at 12v. I decided on them as I wanted something that cooled my system when gaming but could be turned down when using windows normally and still give good airflow. I have just ordered a P180 and plan on fitting these fans exclusively along with a 4 channel controller. Incidentally they come with an extension cable that allows you to run them at 5v,7.5v, and 12v and they do start at 5v as claimed.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:22 am

Those are rebadged Globe fans. We've talked about them quite a bit over the past year. Do a search and you'll come up with lots of good info.

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:25 am

Hi guys,

the older Acoustfans (the clear plastic) are rebadged Globes. The new dustproof Acoustifans are rebadged IP55-rated ADDA fans.

Flanno

Post by Flanno » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:09 am

Well, I found them ok anyway. If you are used to Nexus fans I guess they are a bit whiney, although nowhere near as bad as those Vantec stealths. But at 7v I found the fan noise almost unnoticeable.