Aren't SilenX Xtrema Pro 120mm specs RIDICULOUS?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Deathlife

Aren't SilenX Xtrema Pro 120mm specs RIDICULOUS?

Post by Deathlife » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:18 pm

According to Silenx, this fans moves 64CFM with 14dB(A)!!! :shock:

Does anybody know the real dB and CFM value it could have? What about motor/ bearing noise?

amjedm

Post by amjedm » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:58 pm

I have a couple of the older SilenX 14dba 120mm fans. Not sure about cfm but they certainly aren't 14dba!

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:01 pm

SilenX ain't real popular around here, so I doubr you'll find much feedback. Offhand, I don't know of anyone but MikeC on this board who might have the equipment to measure the real airflow and noise, and he doesn't get review samples from SilenX anymore after the shennanigans the pulled a couple of years back.

Japesgalore

Post by Japesgalore » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:04 pm

See the thread below, click the links, and read the whole story. Really quite amusing. I love seeing crass, manipulative organisations get onto their knees and hopelessly beg for forgiveness and understanding. Pathetic.

http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=4551

Apparently SilentX products aren't half bad. But, if anyone tries to pull the wool over my eyes the way they are by quoting such outrageous statistics, I'd no way spend a penny on any one of their products, ever.

I actually have a real personal problem the amount of lies that corporations these days relentlessly spew out. Many managers are nothing more than imature, greedy, soulless hypocrites. However, society praises these sorts of people because they can make a profit from selling a lie. To them it's not lieing, but 'creative advertising'.

Thank god the few organisations like SPCR still strive to provide a genuine service that aims to bring out the truth, for free!

EDIT: And you would have thought that SilentX would have learnt by now that DECEPTION DOES NOT PAY OFF.
Last edited by Japesgalore on Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Al

Post by Al » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:06 pm

Shadowknight wrote: he doesn't get review samples from SilenX anymore after the shennanigans the pulled a couple of years back.
Care to enlighten those of us who hadn't had our silent calling back then?

Al

EDIT - ok someone just did, damn my impatience and slow typing!

Deathlife

Post by Deathlife » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:44 pm

I knew the story about Peter Kim. I was just asking if they are anywhere good as they claim to be, as in that case they would still be better than any other fan (including Nexus) oustside there.

Japesgalore

Post by Japesgalore » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:20 pm

I'll hazard a guess - no way! If they really did have a great, nexus-beating product on their hands, they'd make an effort to publicise the breakthrough a lot more honestly. In my eyes, they have deliberately marketed the fan in a way that ensures the many noobs out there will be tempted to buy one. Maybe its working for them, but I don't think an SPCRian will be so easily fooled.

I think an SPCR reviewer should get a hold of one, and make a mockery of them if they actually suck, or, give due respect if they really are THAT good.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:07 pm

SPCRers bash Thermaltake alot and there's pretty much no chance of their products being reviewed... and they didn't even pull the crap SilenX did.

If someone wants something reviewed from these two companies, the best thing to do is to buy one and have it sent directly to MikeC (maybe have the cost applied to being a SPCR patron) and ask him nicely to review it if he has a chance. Granted, he's got lots of stuff to test already, some which never makes it to being reviewed because it's so bad, but I'm sure he would eventually get around to reviewing it it it's a half decent product.

mathias

Post by mathias » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:04 pm

Shadowknight wrote:SPCRers bash Thermaltake alot and there's pretty much no chance of their products being reviewed... and they didn't even pull the crap SilenX did.
A thermaltake heatsink is the 5th last one reviewed, and a tt PSU is the 8th last one reviewed. IMO that heatsink didn't even deserve a review, it's fins are just too closely packed together.