Best Quiet 80mm TC Fan?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Goose

Best Quiet 80mm TC Fan?

Post by Goose » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:19 am

Hi, I'm new to SPCR. I have an Antec Aria case that's almost a year old. I leave my system on 24/7 and it's beginning to get quite loud. I had some cooling issues when I first got the case and added an extra case fan on the side to help the air flow. I used an Antec LED case fan and I believe it's one of the biggest sources of noise right now. Eventually I would like to address the HSF and PSU fan but that's another thread for another day.

I would like to replace LED fan with a thermally controlled smart fan. While I'm at it, I'm going to cut another hole on the other side of the case and put a TC fan in there as well. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good TC fan. My motherboard only senses RPMs and does not control them. I think a TC fan will be an efficient and quiet solution to my problem.

Thanks!

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:42 am

Hello & welcome to SPCR!

You will be better off replacing the noisy (120mm?) Antec fan. The usual suspects for replacements: Nexus, Yate Loon, AeroCool...or a three speed Antec for that matter.

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:45 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:You will be better off replacing the noisy (120mm?) Antec fan.
Oh yeah, I will definitely be replacing the 120mm Antec PSU fan with a Nexus... Any suggestions of specific models of TC fans?

BTW, thanx for the welcome!

teknerd

Post by teknerd » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:38 pm

dont bother with a tc fan. Just slap in a trusty old panaflo 80mm. even at 12V it will be quieter than the other fans in the case.