T-Balancer and S3 sleep mode?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

SZ
Patron of SPCR

T-Balancer and S3 sleep mode?

Post by SZ » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:57 pm

Hello,

A question for T-Balancer users: does your t-balancer allow you to put the computer into S3 sleep mode?
Mine does not, only S1, but that is not what I want. As soon as I disconnect USB cable from T-Balancer I can put the PC into S3, otherwise it immediatelly resumes. And looks like there is nothing I can configure in the driver properties.

thanks!

ultraboy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by ultraboy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:12 am

I don't know so much about the various S modes, but my system with T-Balancer + USB cable connected + T-Balancer software running can go in to Stand By or Hibernate without any problem. :)

I'm sure you know that T-Balancer does not need USB cable connected to work, unless you want to change any configuration. In my case I need live-info from T-Balancer to feed to LCD display.

SZ
Patron of SPCR

Post by SZ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:25 pm

Yes, I'm using T-Balancer without USB cable connected but I'd like to use the internal USB connection.
The difference between S1 and S3 standby modes is that T-balancer is switched off when in S3, it's ON in S1.

Jan Kivar
Friend of SPCR

Post by Jan Kivar » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:11 am

I'd check the settings for S3 wakeup in BIOS. Also in some boards (ABit at least) there are jumpers which enable/disable the "USB-power-on-S3" -feature, which keeps certain/all USB ports powered in S3 (in case the user wants to wake-up with e.g. USB mouse).

Another option would be to remove the +5V lead from the USB wire. Provided that the USB communication chip is powered from the main power connector of T-Balancer and not from the USB wire.

Please note that I don't have a T-Balancer; just guessing here.

Cheers,

Jan