Problem with acousticfan dustproofs and asus deluxe a8n sli?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

zombunny

Problem with acousticfan dustproofs and asus deluxe a8n sli?

Post by zombunny » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:45 am

tried connecting the fans using the 5v adapter (white to white) upon boot nothing happens, the m/b is listed above, do I have to set something in my settings or is there another problem?, I have tried the other voltage connectors but no luck, the only one that does in the molex which runs the fans at the full whack, can this problem be solved or do I need to buy a fan controller, if so how do they connect as at the moment I don't have enought molex connectors to connect all my fans, any help would be great, thanks

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:18 am

Hi,

OK, taking a look at those connectors on the Acousti website...

I have no idea how much experience you have with computers, so lets go through the possible options you have when working with that connector:

- You can use the above adapter, which allows you to connect the fan to one of the three 3-pin connectors (on the right) which give you either 12V, 7,5V or 5V for the fan.

The three adapters on the left are only for RPM monitoring, you can connect these to your motherboard if you want this option. It doesn't control the fans, only shows the RPM.

You need to connect the 4-pin connector to the PSU if you want to get any voltage out of the three connectors on the right.

- You can connect the fan directly (you cant use that adapter to get power from the motherboard, you have to plug the fan in directly) to a motherboard connector and it should run at 12V (full speed) unless you have a fan control option in your BIOS?

zombunny

Post by zombunny » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:15 am

Yeah that sound about right, you have to use the molex to power them, but the problem I have is the phantom 500 only has so many molex adapters, is there any adapters that converts one molex to mutiple, and could I use a multi fan controller do they power the fans and control the speed, so then I could run them at the wanted 5 volts, at the moment they are a bit loud.

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:46 am

Hi,

you can use a 4-pin molex splitter like this:
http://www.sharkoon.com/flash/data/PROD ... nector.jpg

you should be able to pick them up from a local computer store.

or you could use a fan controller like this:
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/vie ... 1&code=017