80mm fan W/temp display (on the blades) !

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

80mm fan W/temp display (on the blades) !

Post by Bluefront » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:26 pm

Check it out. It appears that fan makers are scraping the bottom of the barrel for new ideas. Too bad that don't devote more energy into quieting their fans. :(

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:40 pm

While running it looks like this:
Image.

Another "gimmick fan" is this one, below 26C the colour of the blades are blue, when the temperature goes above 26C the blade colour becomes reddish until the colour change has come to it's completion into red at 33C.

Badger

Post by Badger » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:54 pm

Haha that's pretty cool. I'm not one for bling-blinging my computer but I like this idea. It'd be cool to see on real house fans or window fans, then you get to know just how cool you're getting, or have the speed of cars displayed on the tires or something.

Gosh, the possibilities are endless :lol:

edit: lol, Brian E.
Last edited by Badger on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrianE

Post by BrianE » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:01 pm

Well, it's not surprising.... we all know how the "bling bling" factor seems to be all the rage these days.

The dumbest thing about this idea is that is actually useless for monitoring system temperature. I don't know about the second fan, but the first one doesn't seem to mention any kind of external temp sensor. This means all it can possibly display is the ambient air temperature of the room (or your case temp if you stick it inside a windowed case). Flip it around to act as an exhaust fan and the text would be backwards. :lol:

EDIT: bah... slow typing... two uses of the term "bling" in one thread. :P

jmke
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by jmke » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:08 am

this fan is very noise at 12V, not only the air movement, but also the extra LEDs installation creates more motor noise; At lower voltages the whole LED setup starts to fail and you're left with not a lot airflow and still a noisy fan.

a product to avoid if you like silence.

I'm talking about this product: http://www.google.be/search?q=Sharkoon+Rainbow+fan