Tbalancer with P150

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Rocc Howse

Tbalancer with P150

Post by Rocc Howse » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I was thinkinging about getting that T balancer fan controller from Mcube. I was wandering what the best setup would be.

I have a Scythe ninja 2 120mm Nexus fans on on the scythe blowing and an exhaust fan on the other side of the scythe which sucks air. I was thinking of ducting the bottom two 5 1/4" drive bay directly to the scythe ninja similar to the ducting thats prevalent on this site to the neohe power supply. But I have a seasonic 430 power supply so would not be suitable, hence my idea to duct direct to the scythe. Now firstly what are the appropriate and safe temperatures of say the CPu which is the x2 4200+ and the motherboard which is an ASUS A8v -se , secondly how would the t balancer work . does it ramp up the fans automagically as the system got hotter under duress stress?

I apreciate any response thanks guys

Trunks

Post by Trunks » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:38 pm

the t balancer is highly programmable. It can do what you ask.

First Are you have temp issues? Or looking for silent operation?

"2 120mm Nexus fans on on the scythe"
WOW unless you are OCing I dont think this is needed. one fan should be ok.

"bottom two 5 1/4" drive bay directly to the scythe ninja "

Why? This will short the airflow from the HD bays. Are you useing an intake fan? What else do you have in the case makeing heat?

Depending on your motherboard, you could still attempt a PSU duct.

I do not like my AMD CPU going above 140 F (60C). I have a back up fan that kicks on at 40C @ 6v and 55C @ 10. on the ninja I have never seen it get to 55C with the 6v 120 mm fan going.
I have had AMD 64's go to the 75 C shut down point several times with out noticable damage.

Rocc Howse

Post by Rocc Howse » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Well i only have one on the actual SCYTHE ninja blowing out and the other is the exhaust fan for the system. the 5 1/4" drive bays dont let any air into the hard drive area do they ?? my cpu runs between 40 and 45 soemtimes to 50 but I havent really pushed it yet. I am not overclocking but I may in the future. the hard drive area is a little hot but not too much i have a WD 74 gig drive and another 250gig JS drive. they run qwuiet except for the seeks which are audible but not a problem. the intake duct that i was thinkking of would go straight to the ninja. why would a power suplly duct be needed if I am using a 430 seasonic which has a fan on the bottom?

theyangster

Post by theyangster » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:32 pm

can your MB control the fans?

you might want two fans, perhaps one for a backup?

and what are you going to do with the Antec HE? sell it? I'd be interested

I finally got my T-balancer to work after somehow managing to burn out a socket...(don't know how) It's a pretty powerful thing, only thing is that the fans don't like PWM that much....