92mm Yateloons unavailable? Alternatives?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

celebpaint

92mm Yateloons unavailable? Alternatives?

Post by celebpaint » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:55 am

I need a couple of 92mm Yate Loon low speeds and it seems no one sells them (I wonder why? the 120mm ones seem readily available.)

What are my alternatives? Nexus's are pricey...I have read many athread on here after searching for 92mm fan and I can find little consesus...

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:49 am

92mm Yate Loons carrying that name.....rare. I have several that came as slot-fans. The Nexus 92mm is very quiet, but doesn't push much air.

Scythe makes some 100mm fans that might work for you....found at jab-tech I think.

floffe

Post by floffe » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:21 pm

I think silencio had them in his ebay store, but he is away right now and the store is empty. Yup, just looked up an old email and I did ask about the D90SL-12, which means he had them. Pretty much only his store is brought up on a google search for that (cached example)

celebpaint

Post by celebpaint » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:31 pm

Well, I need the fans soon and it looks like SIlencio is on vacation, so that's out.

I have an antec solo -- 120mm in the back and two 92mm in the front, so I need those two 92mm solutions. I don't think the 100's will work as they are literally stacked on top of each other, so i don't think there is headroom for 8mm? I'm not sure about that tho.

orihara

Post by orihara » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:35 pm

The top 92mm fan location on a solo will only fit a 92mm fan. The holes are located right up at the top of the door they're on. The bottom fan location does have about 4mm of space all around, so you should be able to fit a 100mm fan on the bottom. Not sure it's worth it to stick different fans at the front though.

celebpaint

Post by celebpaint » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 pm

Anyone? :(

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:45 pm

The Scythe 92mm is supposed to be pretty good:

http://www.jab-tech.com/Scythe-92mm-Cas ... -3304.html

NerdyComputerGuy

Post by NerdyComputerGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:03 am

If you're looking for a Yate Loon 92mm D90SL-12, you might want to check with "the-fan-van" on ebay.

I won an auction for a D90SH-12 which he actually advertised as a BALL BEARING fan :roll:

Anyhow, even though I would have been happy with a D90SH-12, he actually sent me a D90SL-12 :D At 5V, this thing is silent from 50cm away.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:06 am

http://www.noiseblocker.de/en/produkt_l ... an-xe1.php This is good too. I think it came 3rd in 92mm SPCR fan round. I have had one for over a year and its very quiet. With under volting it becomes fast inaudiable over rest system. And it cheaper than Nexus.
http://www.noiseblocker.de/en/produkt_l ... an-xe2.php is faster spinning model. Price ought to be same for both XE's.

Avaibility outside Europe might be bit tricky though.

glazer1972

Post by glazer1972 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:27 pm

I have two Nexus 92mms in the front of my Solo.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:29 am

As long as you don't have to put them side-by-side (like in the front of a Solo) the Scythe Kaze-Jyu 100mm are great fans, the low speed ones are almost silent @ 12v (a low pitched growl is audible from ~6 inches). They put out very decent airflow, too. But they are larger than typical 92mm fans, and they are not really suitable for fan swaps in Zalman heatsink without severe modification. The low speeds were very cheap at NewEgg ($3).

I think some also recommend the Scythe S-Flex series, but I'm not sure which version.

the-fan-van
-- Vendor --

I have Yate Loon 92mm D90SL-12's...

Post by the-fan-van » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:47 pm

Yeah I was trying to find the correct specs for these fans and found this site! Cool indeed. Sometimes it's a pain in the a** trying to find the correct information about a lot of the fans I come across, and when I buy in large lots sometimes weeks or months down the road someone who purchases a fan from me on ebay will get a hold of me and point out incorrect specs or sometimes enlighten me to the fact that the model number is different than in the listing- what happens is a lot of times I'll get a bulk shipment of fans from somewhere that will be custom spec'd to a company's specific needs, so the model or part number is impossible to track down to get the correct specs so I'll have to go with the nearest model number I can find. Or I'll get say 20 cases of what are supposed to be all the same model, then five cases in will be a different model and I won't realize it. This is what happened in the Yate Loon D90SH-12 issue, and I only found out this last box was the D90SL-12's tonight when some guy complained that I sent him a 120mm fan. (It was a D90SL-12, he just didn't know the difference; I assume what he needed was a 80mm fan). Anyway I appreciate the mention in the previous post! I'll do the best I can to get the specs right on this stuff from now on and please if you have any information I can use let me know! I certainly don't profess to have all the answers and I know a lot of you are way into this stuff. And I still can't find the correct dBa rating or RPM for the Yatec Loon D90SL-12 so if someone out there can I'd sure appreciate it. All the best!
-Gary Glaesemann
"the-fan-van" on ebay
Last edited by the-fan-van on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frankgehry

Post by frankgehry » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Attention all vendors!
viewtopic.php?t=4747

the-fan-van
-- Vendor --

Yeah that's great and all...

Post by the-fan-van » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:31 pm

The link to this:
"The Silent PC Review Forums welcomes vendors of all PC-related gear, whether you represent a manufacturer, brand or store. We appreciate and respect the special insights, information and clarifications you can bring to our community.

It is our policy to identify all vendors so that general forum members can better gauge the special weight of vendors' opinions and statements. Upon signup, please send a PM to the site admin or an email to mikec @ silentpcreview.com with the subject header "Vendor Status" to obtain your special * Vendor * tag.

The following info should be included:
- name & website of business (also declared and visible in profile/signature)
- brief business description
- name / position / contact info

This is not a "scarlet letter" for vendors to wear. It is a voluntary "registration" that confers natural privileges to vendors. When a member has a specific question about a specific product, and the vendor responds, everyone can be assured that he likely has the most accurate information. Vendors generally get more respect for their information and opinions, particularly about the products they represent. As we all know, some erroneous information always gets traded unintentionally in forums like this, and this is a great way for vendors to exercise some rumour control, get good PR and show goodwill to current and future customers.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Mike Chin
Editor/Publisher of SPCR"

I'd obviously have a hard time "living up" to those expectations, and I didn't really come here to peddle anything, just wanted to learn from you guys and get involved.

frankgehry

Post by frankgehry » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:01 pm

Well, for example, are the fans you sell fresh stock, old stock, oem surplus or rejects, or other?

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:06 am

This is what happened in the Yate Loon D90SH-12 issue, and I only found out this last box was the D90SL-12's tonight
I would definitely be happy to have found a reliable source of D90SL-12's if you could get them on a regular basis.
I still can't find the correct dBa rating or RPM for the Yate Loon D90SL-12 so if someone out there can I'd sure appreciate it.
http://www.yateloon.com/manufacturer/8511/8511.html

the link lists a D90SL-12C as 2000rpm, 27.5dBA, dunno if it's the same fan, appears to be only 20mm thick. also from Googling there appear to be special versions of the D90SL-12 that run at 1350rpm, 19.5dBA.

Welcome to SPCR Gary!

the-fan-van
-- Vendor --

Post by the-fan-van » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:26 am

jaganath wrote:
This is what happened in the Yate Loon D90SH-12 issue, and I only found out this last box was the D90SL-12's tonight
I would definitely be happy to have found a reliable source of D90SL-12's if you could get them on a regular basis.
I'd be thrilled to be able to get ANYTHING on a regular basis. It would make my life a lot easier. I spend hours every day tracking down sources for this stuff, sending out cold emails, calling every electronics distributor in the U.S. and elsewhere looking for stuff. My hard work paid off early last year when I got a Dynatron guy in the distribution line-up. That's where all my up do date product comes from, the rest is surplus stuff mostly. My problem is I'm pretty small time, with only a few grand to throw at a distributor at any given time, so a lot of them won't give me the time of day. I'm working on that, though; everything takes time.
I still can't find the correct dBa rating or RPM for the Yate Loon D90SL-12 so if someone out there can I'd sure appreciate it.
http://www.yateloon.com/manufacturer/8511/8511.html

the link lists a D90SL-12C as 2000rpm, 27.5dBA, dunno if it's the same fan, appears to be only 20mm thick. also from Googling there appear to be special versions of the D90SL-12 that run at 1350rpm, 19.5dBA.

Welcome to SPCR Gary!
Yeah, see, therein lies my problem. I'm familiar with that link, and this issue (not having the exact model listed) is pretty typical for manufacturers. Delta is really bad about it, too. I have scoured the net looking for that model number and the only thing I get is European results or electronics places that have that part number but no specs, and nobody ever returns my email inquiries. And even if I transalate the few German pages I have found, they are pretty vague.

As far as the "special version" of the D90SL-12, I've chosen to change my listings using those specs because from what I can find, this seems to be the "only" version until someone can find anything elase out for me....
Last edited by the-fan-van on Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

the-fan-van
-- Vendor --

Post by the-fan-van » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:29 am

frankgehry wrote:Well, for example, are the fans you sell fresh stock, old stock, oem surplus or rejects, or other?
Fresh, NOS, OEM Surplus.

No rejects, and no used stuff, EVER.
I've actually sat down with my assistant on numerous occasions when someone has claimed a DOA fan and tested every single fan in a lot or box one by one.
The results are always the same, never a bad one. Customers sometimes B.S. their way into "replacements" or simply hook them up wrong. And I suppose there may be an honest DOA every once in a while, always replaced at no charge. I didn't get 99.9% pos FB out of 12000 transactions for selling junk and not backing it up.

But I digress, I'm here to learn, not peddle. :P

frankgehry

Post by frankgehry » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:25 pm

I found these specs for the D90SL-12 as translated from german:
D90SL-12

Volume dB/a approx.: 19.5
Air mechanical handling capacity up to 49,3 m ³ /h (@ 12V)
Number of revolutions approx.: 1350 rpm (+-10%)

CFM would then be ~ 29

the-fan-van
-- Vendor --

Post by the-fan-van » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:23 am

frankgehry wrote:I found these specs for the D90SL-12 as translated from german:
D90SL-12

Volume dB/a approx.: 19.5
Air mechanical handling capacity up to 49,3 m ³ /h (@ 12V)
Number of revolutions approx.: 1350 rpm (+-10%)

CFM would then be ~ 29
How do you arrive at 29 cfm?

J. Sparrow

Post by J. Sparrow » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:10 am

thejamppa wrote:http://www.noiseblocker.de/en/produkt_l ... an-xe1.php This is good too. I think it came 3rd in 92mm SPCR fan round. I have had one for over a year and its very quiet. With under volting it becomes fast inaudiable over rest system. And it cheaper than Nexus.
I've just bought two of those, one is very good the other vibrates a little. They are also quite cheap for a PC fan, less than 7 € for both.

frankgehry

Post by frankgehry » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:30 pm

This web site lists the D90SM-12 @ 59.3 m3/h or 35 cfm (2200 rpm).

So according to the specs in the post above, the D90SL-12 (1350 rpm) flows 49.3 m3/h.

(35 cfm / 59.3 m3/h) * 49.3 m3/h = 29 cfm, although that does seem on the high side.