2 Bay high Kama-Alike?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

SockToy

2 Bay high Kama-Alike?

Post by SockToy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:45 pm

I have a P180 with a Zalman MFC-1 and a DVD writer in it. I'm considering partitioning the middle of the case and running the top and rear exhausts and the CPU fan to cool the top 'cpu' compartment, then running an intake from the middle hard drive bay over the 8800GTX to vent out of the PCI slots with a cable tied 92mm fan + rubber gasket set.

So at this point, I'd have 3 compartments, intake at front, outlet at back, the provided PSU one, a new 'PCI slot' one with the graphics card in it (possibly utilising an HR-03 plus), and the top one for the CPU.

Unfortunately, to work this magic, I need to get air in for the top somehow, because I'll be isolating it from the front intake. Any thoughts? What I really want is something like the Scythe Kama bay that won't require 3 5.25" slots.

I'm also considering using the Acoustimax damping material on the side panels, leaving just the Raptor and Barracuda in the lower bay as my remaining nemisii.

Thoughts?

Case layout is roughly like this - since the pic was taken I've added the fan controller and rerun/wrapped a lot of the cabling to make it neater, but its still the same components.

Maverick9611

Anyone got Antec 900 bay covers?

Post by Maverick9611 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:51 pm

I would also like to know of anything like that or even a single bay version. Actually, anybody have any extra bay covers out of a Antec 900, Coolermaster Centurion 5, or something similar that they dont need? I could take it off your hands for you. :wink: Just a vented cover would do fine.

PM me.

alphabetbackward

Post by alphabetbackward » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:15 pm

2 x 5.25 bay

Some people say it will fit non Lian Li cases and some say they don't

Kremmit

Post by Kremmit » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:32 am

The Kama also works in a single-bay configuration, laid on it's side.