Extremely cheap Nexus 120mm fans + a nice seller

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mastabog

Extremely cheap Nexus 120mm fans + a nice seller

Post by mastabog » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:14 am

I've recently bought 3 of our most celebrated Nexus 120mm fans and also 3 of those silent Nexus Frizzbee HDD coolers from ebay:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GoatSurfer-Technology

120mm Nexus fans at 4.99 pounds is the lowest price I've ever found anywhere on the internet for these fans. Interestingly enough, the black/white fans with the same specs are 6.99 ... no idea why.

There is a discount for multiple items and for the last order (the 3 hdd coolers) the seller was nice enough to scrap an additional 2.55 pounds off the shipping price bringing it down to 3 pounds. Communication with the seller was great (customer satisfaction oriented, being kept informed about shipping, etc). From what I can tell, he might agree to ship abroad too, if he doesn't already.

This is no propaganda :), I'm just happy with the purchase and I thought some of you might be interested considering the price.

edwardhuggett

Post by edwardhuggett » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:42 am

I just bought 4 from novatech in the uk, 4.72 inc vat.

one had been squashed by the royal mail and had a support broken, I emailed them asking for a replacement and they sent one out straight away in a very padded box. great service.

Now to fit them in my p180

mastabog

Post by mastabog » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:14 am

Well, darn! ... haven't found those.

With shipping, Novatech comes out more expensive if you buy one or two fans, but for 3+ it is probably cheaper (unless the eBay seller scraps off some more like in my case).

nutball
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by nutball » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:37 am

Wooo... wish I'd found these a month or so ago! I bought three Yate-Loon D12SL-12's for the same price, and they're total rubbish (despite the favourable ravings they get here, and them "being the same as a Nexus"). Woulda bought some Nexii if I'd found them :)

neilll

Post by neilll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:06 am

nutball wrote:Wooo... wish I'd found these a month or so ago! I bought three Yate-Loon D12SL-12's for the same price, and they're total rubbish (despite the favourable ravings they get here, and them "being the same as a Nexus"). Woulda bought some Nexii if I'd found them :)
Would it bug you to know that Yate Loon D12SL-12 actually cost £0.80p each? :wink:

And NO they are definitely NOT the same as Nexus :)

neilll

Re: Extremely cheap Nexus 120mm fans + a nice seller

Post by neilll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:11 am

mastabog wrote:120mm Nexus fans at 4.99 pounds is the lowest price I've ever found anywhere on the internet for these fans.
If anyone is interested I have around 80 left at this price...all Orange (but orange is cool right?... :wink:), once they are gone they're gone. I am happy to do good postage deals if you say you are from here.

Also got other Nexus products....(see sig)

nutball
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by nutball » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:43 am

neilll wrote: Would it bug you to know that Yate Loon D12SL-12 actually cost £0.80p each? :wink:
It doesn't bug me any more than other prices here in the UK ;)

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:05 am

nutball wrote: I bought three Yate-Loon D12SL-12's for the same price, and they're total rubbish (despite the favourable ravings they get here, and them "being the same as a Nexus"). Woulda bought some Nexii if I'd found them :)
I wonder where UK sellers of D12SL-12's are getting them from; maybe they are surplus or scrap, hence them being terrible. I have several YL and Nexus, very little appreciable difference noise-wise (at same rpm).

neilll

Post by neilll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:12 am

[quote="jaganathI wonder where UK sellers of D12SL-12's are getting them from; maybe they are surplus or scrap, hence them being terrible.[/quote]

Buying them direct I would guess, I was tempted before I started doing Nexus and you can get them direct from the factory easily enough for pence per item.

mastabog

Re: Extremely cheap Nexus 120mm fans + a nice seller

Post by mastabog » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:17 am

neilll wrote:
mastabog wrote:120mm Nexus fans at 4.99 pounds is the lowest price I've ever found anywhere on the internet for these fans.
If anyone is interested I have around 80 left at this price...all Orange (but orange is cool right?... :wink:), once they are gone they're gone. I am happy to do good postage deals if you say you are from here.
And don't forget my commission ... especially now that everyone must think my 1st post was propaganda! :)