Koolance TMS-100K for fan control...

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Koolance TMS-100K for fan control...

Post by Bluefront » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:34 am

Link

Take a look at this device, made to control a water pump and related parts. But it also (apparently) can independently control five fans either on manual or automatic. The fan speed can go from 20-100%, and it looks like the temperature curve for each fan can be adjusted. (I may be wrong about the specs)

This is a software-based control, which probably uses PWM (like Speedfan). I wonder if anyone has more info about the thing. The two reviews on Newegg don't go into much detail, but it looks good on paper.

:lol:

Felger Carbon

Re: Koolance TMS-100K for fan control...

Post by Felger Carbon » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:19 am

Bluefront wrote:This is a software-based control, which probably uses PWM (like Speedfan).
Looks like five 2-pin connectors across the top... for 5ea remote temperature sensors?

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:28 am

Yeah....it comes with the sensors. I down-loaded the manual, but many questions about the device remain un-answered. I still cannot tell if the fans can be independently controlled, or much else for that matter.

The alarm settings are useful....as is the auto-shut-down ability. The similar-looking Sunbeam controller gets bad reports all the time. I hope this one is better performing. I won't buy one till I hear more reports/reviews.

disphenoidal

Post by disphenoidal » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:19 pm

I would imagine it is a PWM controller as well. The big IC in the center is a microcontroller (I can see the Microchip brand logo pretty well, but that's about it). I remember reading some reviews of the sunbeam device, I think the problem with it was the software? That seems like the most likely weakness for this product as well, although I would also like to see some reviews. Why not go with the m-cubed t-balancer? It's about the same price, isn't it? And I think its hardware and software are much better executed.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:31 pm

This device and the software looks much easier to deal with than a T-Balancer. I've used M-Cubed products before......ok. But this one looks good. The software is the big question......it still looks to be in version #1. The NewEgg reviews mention this sort of problem.