Why not Nanoxia???

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

osmium76

Why not Nanoxia???

Post by osmium76 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:48 am

Hello to everybody, this is my first post on SPCR. Luckly I've found you by a link in a forum of my country. I saw your 12mm rounds up and I found the tests very well done.

Now the problem: I bought two SilenX iXtrema 14 db and after a mounth I broke both. I heard on a forum of a man who had problems of failure like mine with 8 on 10 SilenX 14 db (axis crash in one mounth of life)!!! The other two went out of order after 2 mounths later.

Now that I have the same problems again with the new SilenX my seller sent me in warranty and I red the effective performances of SilenX, I want to buy a Nexus (hard to find in Italy but finally I found them) or a Noctua.

Before spending money I'd like to know your opinions about Nanoxia, a new manufacturer that in a short while had become very famous: its fans seem to have impressive airflow and silentness so I wonder I found only a topic in this forum where these new products are mentioned...

Is it your intention to review these fans in the next future or not? Bye bye for now.

djkest

Post by djkest » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:26 am

I haven't heard of Nanoxia, it might be a regional thing. Both nexus and Noctua make high-performance fans. SilenX I would stay away from. They don't seem to perform anywhere near their claimed ratings.

CyberDog

Post by CyberDog » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:49 am

One site has reviewed Nanoxia fans at my country. They said that those are not quiet. Making noise like all clear plastic fans...

osmium76

Post by osmium76 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:23 am

Well, Nanoxia are made in Germany and they come in different models (www.nanoxia.com or www.nanoxia.de). There are slow and fast fans. The faster fans are more noisy but they are very quiet by the way and have a great airflow. I red only enthusiast reviews but the reviewers always didn't have instruments to measure the airflow (or the decibels). Notice that they all come with a reostat so I'm thinking to reduce the speed to a decent decibel ratio pushing them to their maximum when I need performances or to cover ambient noise (where I live often the children play soccer and when it happens I can't study or concentrate... better the fans!). So becomes very important to have an exact measure of both decibels and CFMs before to buy them.

In conclusion the SilenX fans reach the 26 dbs and are not annoying for me: now I'm watching fans about this range of noise and if the Nanoxia at 26 dbs give more CFMs than Noctua I'll buy them.

ekerazha

Post by ekerazha » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:35 am

Now the site is www.nanoxia.net

Technology: http://nanoxia.net/index.php?option=com ... =6&lang=en
"Nano Technology Bearings", "Balanced rotors", "Makrolon® frames and blades" etc.

Nanoxia seems to be very popular in Europe, somebody who is using these Nanoxia, could compare them (noise etc.) to Scythe S-FLEX or Noctua (also in horizontal position)?

osmium76

Post by osmium76 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 am

Prova a farti un giro sul forum di pc silenzioso, io non ho guardato ma ci dovrebbero essere rece comparative degli utenti. Io ho curato una rece velocissima di due Fractal Design.

ekerazha

Post by ekerazha » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 am

osmium76 wrote:Prova a farti un giro sul forum di pc silenzioso, io non ho guardato ma ci dovrebbero essere rece comparative degli utenti. Io ho curato una rece velocissima di due Fractal Design.
Not everybody can speak Italian here :P

Gojira-X

Post by Gojira-X » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 am

osmium76 wrote:Prova a farti un giro sul forum di pc silenzioso, io non ho guardato ma ci dovrebbero essere rece comparative degli utenti. Io ho curato una rece velocissima di due Fractal Design.
Using Google Translate I get:

"Try to get a ride on the forum pc quiet, I have not looked at but there should be transposed comparative users. I cared a trans-fast two-Fractal Design."

Anybody make sense of that?

From their website, Nanoxia seem like nice fans, but until their dB claims get verified by SPCR, I would be cautious before getting any.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:09 am

Fractal Design is swedish corporation known before as Cooltek. They make fans which are affordable and decently quiet but my 60x25mm Cooltek, albeit is surprisingly quiet does have some bearing noise.

ekerazha

Post by ekerazha » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:33 am

Gojira-X wrote: Anybody make sense of that?

From their website, Nanoxia seem like nice fans, but until their dB claims get verified by SPCR, I would be cautious before getting any.
He's saying I should try to take a look at the forums of pcsilenzioso.it (it's a sort of Italian SPCR) because maybe there are some comparatives from users (well... I've already taken a look and there isn't any objective comparative). He also said he reviewed two "Fractal Design" fans.

So... talking about Nanoxia... I've found this comparative on a German site http://www.silenthardware.de/forum/lofi ... 27231.html (you can traslate it using google) and the author says the S-FLEX is a little bit more silent. But other people say Nanoxia are quieter.

An interesting thing about Nanoxia is that they don't use oiling/greasing for the bearing, but a "special nanotechnology material" with minimal abrasion and you can also use them under water etc. (things bigger than 1 nanometer cannot penetrate into the fan).

ekerazha

Post by ekerazha » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:44 am

A video of a Nanoxia under water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGe17F1qI6s (you can also find other videos like this on youtube).

zgundam

Post by zgundam » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:18 pm

hmm, I got my hands on two nanoxia's - the 120mm 1250rpm model - out of interest last month from Chilled PC's.

Verdict: They're not quiet by a long stretch, even @ 7v compared to the any of the recommended 120mm fans in the SPCR list, or even the cheapo Med Speed Yate Loon's @7v.

They're good for bling, but NOT worth getting them for silence.