Fan controller with software control

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

qstoffe

Fan controller with software control

Post by qstoffe » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:24 am

I'm currently using Speedfan for this but my motherboard only allows 2 fans to be software controlled. I have previously used a mCubed T-balancer Big-NG for this but I find the interface to be "bad". Also, I'm unintrested in hardware controlled by temp-probe fans.

I just want to assign a table to each fan (fan-speed <-> software reported temp). Do anyone know of a modern fan controller that supports this?

faugusztin

Post by faugusztin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:58 am

Unfortunately, this market is pretty much non-existent. The only products i know are bigNG and this :
http://members.iinet.net.au/~geoffg/fancontroller.html

Since in latest version the t-balancer guys made a server with a telnet API, you could make your own software to do what you need.

qstoffe

Post by qstoffe » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:24 am

faugusztin wrote:Since in latest version the t-balancer guys made a server with a telnet API, you could make your own software to do what you need.
That sounds cool. Where can I download that version + API documentation?

faugusztin

Post by faugusztin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 am

http://www.t-balancer.com/english/support_software.htm

2.12 , 30.12.2008 - The T-Balancer Server is communicating over TCP-IP with the client

When you install it, you will have a mCubed TBalancer>SDK Info group in your start menu, the Protocol Table describes the commands you can send to the the "server". You also have a VB test application installed, you can test the commands through this app.