Lamptron FC5V3: 2 channel sits at 0 rpm on startup

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Happy Hopping

Lamptron FC5V3: 2 channel sits at 0 rpm on startup

Post by Happy Hopping » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:49 pm

On some what frequent occasion, at least 3 times since Friday (when I install it), channel 2 and 5 is not rotating and at 0 rpm when boot up.

So what I have to do is rotate the dial clockwise, and bump it up to 1100 rpm or so, then everything back to normal. After that I turn the dial back down

Now, my set up is Disable the HSBoot1, is that what is causing this?

Then some other time, chnl. 3 also sits at 0 rpm during boot up.

needless to say, the beep keep going.

has anyone seen this?

edh

Re: Lamptron FC5V3: 2 channel sits at 0 rpm on startup

Post by edh » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:55 am

I don't think many people us a fan controller nowadays as motherboard fan control is so good now. You'd probably be better using the motherboard for this.

Silent but deadly

Re: Lamptron FC5V3: 2 channel sits at 0 rpm on startup

Post by Silent but deadly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:18 pm

It might be a it too late to help you Happy Hopping but just in case this can help someone else, I'll post the answer anyway.
Now, my set up is Disable the HSBoot1, is that what is causing this?
This is the cause of your problems. To quote ocaholic's review-
Futher on the right there is a 3-pin (HSBOOT1) connector with a jumper on it that allows you to select the "boot mode". What we call "boot mode" is called boost function by the manufacturer. When enabled, the fan controller will provide all channels with 12V for 3s after power on. By default the boost function is enabled (pin3-2 shorted and an arrow shows up on the LCD), you can disable it if you want by simply move the jumper to the right (pin1-2 shorted, no arrow).