Alpenföhn Wing Boost 2 Plus fans

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

edh

Alpenföhn Wing Boost 2 Plus fans

Post by edh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:21 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Alpenföhn fans? The only English language reviews I can find for them are of the older Wing Boost Plus but the new Wing Boost 2 Plus looks interesting and I can find them for £8.45 in the UK complete with a nice set of cables and rubber mounts. They seem worth trying for a PWM fan just because of the price.

Tephras

Re: Alpenföhn Wing Boost 2 Plus fans

Post by Tephras » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:28 pm

There's a review here. The translation to English seems to be only somewhat better than googlish. However, their fan reviews contains more data than many other sites so the graphs and tables are always useful.

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:43 am

Tephras wrote:4the graphs and tables are always useful.

Though their noise measurements methodology is quite different from SPCR one (I am not able to say whether CT one is correct or not: MikeC? Are you reading us?), so their noise and spectrum data have to be used with a pair of pinch of salt, at least for comparison purposes.

edh

Post by edh » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:34 am

Tephras wrote:There's a review here. The translation to English seems to be only somewhat better than googlish.
I did have a read of that review before but not sure on the test methodology. With the limited choice of quiet PWM fans available I am tempted to try them and just see. Even if they're no good then I at least get a set of cables and fan mounts!

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:37 am

edh wrote:With the limited choice of quiet PWM fans available

BTW, the Noctua F12 up to 700rpm isn't that bad, subjectively speaking, the old Noiseblocker M12-PS may also be used.

Mr Evil

Post by Mr Evil » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:27 am

I am using three of their 140mm fans. They are good at higher speeds, but the clicking at low speed makes them louder than many other fans I have used.