Super-Flower Fan Master temp problem

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

anonapon

Super-Flower Fan Master temp problem

Post by anonapon » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:04 pm

Hi,

I have a Super-Flower Fan Master. All four heat probes are in their correct positions. The problem is that the temperatures are always reading the same. It doesn't matter if the computer has just been started or running for an hour, if the fans are turned all the way up or down. Each sensor fixed at 35C, 45C, 65C and 99C. The 65C reading for the CPU is almost 20 degrees greater than the motherboard's measurement.

The device seems to control the fans fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:54 pm

Well it's pretty hard to screw up a sensor install.....and for sure the temps should vary somewhat no matter what you do. Sounds like the thing is mal-functioning to me. Send it back...

Ephemeral

Post by Ephemeral » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:18 pm

Those are the default alarm temps you are looking at, check out the data sheet here (see sentence F). I don't have one myself, but remembered those numbers from comparing fan controllers. Perhaps yours is just stuck on displaying the alarm temps instead of the actual temps?

Note, the link above is for Akasa, but you can tell by looking at the controllers that the FanMaster is just a rebrand of the exact same thing.