New Pump CSP750 lauded for low noise

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

caxis0

New Pump CSP750 lauded for low noise

Post by caxis0 » Tue May 25, 2004 3:21 pm

There is a new pump on the block, the C Systems CSP750. I read two reviews of this new pump and both noted how suprisingly quiet it ran. Has anyone here tried it? Is there any chance of maybe getting it reviewed here?!

Here is a link to their site http://www.c-systems.ca/

I'd love to hear everyones impression, as I am in the market for a pump. I had settled on an Eheim, but may change my mind if this turns out to be anything really nice :)

Bruce

chylld

Post by chylld » Tue May 25, 2004 11:33 pm

if i were you i would definitely wait it out, and get an eheim first. the eheim is already quiet enough and has a well-established reputation for being reliable - some people have had their eheim's running for nearly a decade straight, with no problems. (others haven't had it for that long yet :) )

only time will tell for new things like this, it is a good product that deserves attention :)

Seal

Post by Seal » Wed May 26, 2004 1:53 am

o-m-g

i hardly ever come accross new innovations in watercooling like that that im amazed by so much (apart from when reading chyllds projects) and that waterblock made out of solid silver, but those pump/pumps are amazing! I have *got* to get me one of those... or maybe even two! The head on a single one of those pumps is alot larger than my eheim 1048 although i *think* the flow rate is slightly lower. Hopefully if someone brings it to the uk ill buy a pair straight away!

Its very small, runs off the computers power, custom built for computers, looks sexie, built out of solid block of alu, NO emi and most of all it looks as if itll be VERY quiet!

I dont think silentpcreview would test it as i dont think mikec is into watercooling but i could be proven wrong.

Spod
Patron of SPCR

Post by Spod » Wed May 26, 2004 5:12 am

Can anyone offer any opinions or links that compare this with an MCP600? The MCP600 has a closed impeller and these (I believe) are open impeller. Is that a disadvantage, or doesn't it matter as long as the P-Q curve looks good?

I'd be especially interested in P-Q comparisons including parallel and serial arrangements of a pair of CSP750s versus the MCP600, preferably with the curves of a couple watercooling setups with different amounts of restriction.
That should be enough info to estimate which arrangement would work best, depending on how much restriction the watercooling loop provides.

Given that they're fairly quiet individually, how noisy are they in pairs, compared with other popular pumps (Eheim, Swiftech, et al)?

I figure I'm going to need a pump with lots of head to overcome the restriction presented by the big (HE120.3) radiator & excessive number of blocks I plan to get (CPU, NB, GPU, still wavering on HDD, probably not PSU but who knows?). Would that justify getting two of these, or would an MCP600 be quieter, cheaper, easier to integrate and perhaps better performing?

mdaniel
Friend of SPCR

Post by mdaniel » Wed May 26, 2004 12:38 pm

Well, since I'm not happy with my noise making Hydor L20, I ordered one. They are about three weeks behind on them as a result of their two positive recent reviews. I'll let ya'll know my impressions when it is available to me. Give, my comparison will only be to my impressions with the L20. Hopefully they will have implemented the type three anodizing by then around the impellar.

HammerSandwich
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by HammerSandwich » Wed May 26, 2004 7:23 pm

Spod wrote:Can anyone offer any opinions or links that compare this with an MCP600? The MCP600 has a closed impeller and these (I believe) are open impeller. Is that a disadvantage, or doesn't it matter as long as the P-Q curve looks good?
Looks like the MCP600 will provide a little more flow in most systems. I wouldn't worry about design particulars over performance data.
Spod wrote:I'd be especially interested in P-Q comparisons including parallel and serial arrangements of a pair of CSP750s versus the MCP600, preferably with the curves of a couple watercooling setups with different amounts of restriction.
AFAIK, no one has compiled this into one chart, but all the information is available. Look at Procooling and Overclockers AU for Cathar's pump and WB P-Q data.

Seal

Post by Seal » Thu May 27, 2004 1:41 am

i wanna get it because of its size, 2"x2" thats tiny even if i get 2

mdaniel
Friend of SPCR

Post by mdaniel » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:40 pm

Well, I received this pump today and I must state that this thing is no bigger than the standard wooden blocks w/ letters on them that infants play with. Upon inspecting it, I did notice that one of the 4 housing screws was quite rusted. An email to C-Systems came with a prompt reply indicating that they would be glad to send me four replacement stainless steel screws. I was advised that due to high demand for their pumps, that they had to use a local vendor to supply the screws and that is where the rust came from. They have since stopped using the local suppleir. For those ordering this pump, I would advise removing and inspecting all four screws for rust and to contact C-Systems if any is found.

As for performance, I will be waiting for the replacement screws to arrive, as I hate removing and adding things to my WC setup. I'd rather just wait and do it once, rather than install the pump now and then break the pump down in a week to replace the screws.

This pump is almost half the size of my Hydor L25.

On a side note, all orders placed after 06/02/04 will be handled by D-Tek instead of C-Systems and C-Systems will no longer be selling direct to customers. Interesting. First FluidXp and now C-Systems.

pfft

Post by pfft » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:09 pm

These seem quite handy. One of these suspended just above the waterblock with lines going to a rear mount radiator is about as compact as one could get. Integrate the fill and bleed tube into the radiator.

Actually with the water spinning in a nice aluminum chamber with flat external sides they look kind of like hard drive cooling blocks/ pumps to me.

There is no requirement for two in series to be placed immediately next to each other is there? Couldn't a couple of these in appropriate locations help eliminate 90 degree bends? The pumps could stand in place of those clumsy long gradual tubing turns.

I would think that the water contacting the aluminum chamber of these provides considerably more cooling than the 1.6 watts they generate. So if they aren't quiet enough, sheath them in some lead tape.

Seal

Post by Seal » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:45 am

Take some pictures! Im really keen on purchasing a pair of them.

mdaniel
Friend of SPCR

Post by mdaniel » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:37 am

Like I said, I won't install it until I get the replacement screws. I can take a picture of it with the barbs on it next to some normal everyday computer items to give you an idea of the size of it if you want though. If so, I'll take some tonight or tomorrow (at the latest)...as I wont be home again until after 8pm tonight.

Seal

Post by Seal » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:17 am

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?Pa ... D=140&HS=1

Dtek now sell this pump for csystems!!!!

Im quite excited as they should be availiable in uk somewhere soon!!! I really really wanna buy 2 of them because of their size, gives me the ability to literally put them anywhere. 2 of them also have the combined power output that exceeds an eheim 1250 with hopefully less noise and vibrations than a eheim 1048, best of both worlds!

If i get it i'll review it on here.

Anyone know of any other reviews?

mdaniel, how is it running? got any pics?

jinu117

Post by jinu117 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:17 am

Seen this one for a while...

http://www.systemcooling.com/cs_pump-01.html

enjoy :)

firtol88

Post by firtol88 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:41 am

mdaniel

how are the pumps doing?

daroach1414

Post by daroach1414 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:29 pm

I gotta say, these pumps are flat out amazing. I read this post about a week ago and decided to order 1 of them. I got it in today, and it is unbelievably quiet.
I had my side of my case off when i fired it up and I had to touch it to hear if it was even working. Even when touching it, its hard to tell. It gives off very little vibrations. I had a hydor L30, and i would NEVER go back to it again after this pump. :D

Seal

Post by Seal » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:46 pm

NICE! i want one now, hows its power compaired to ur Hydor L30?

The hydor l30 is renowned for being even quieter/less vibrations than a eheim 1048 so im surprised to ehar that. HOws the temps compaired to ur hydor?

daroach1414

Post by daroach1414 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:03 pm

well its hard to say for sure how my temps are. At the same time, i bought a new video card. I had a water block on my previous video card, and on my new card i decided not to put the water block back on. So the temps are atually cooler, but i think only because there is only 1 block in the system. But if i were to guess i think the temps are 1 or 2 degrees higher.

But for me its worth it, my hydor was very strange with noise. Sometimes it would be loud and somtimes it would be quiet. So for me silence was worth the 1 or 2 degree rise. Oh and in case you wanted to know my cpu temp is right at 37 C (Radiator on the cases exhaust fan)

daroach1414

Post by daroach1414 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:05 pm

Oh and one more thing (in case you wanted to know), these things are SO small. I was thinking about putting it in my 3 1/2 bay in my BQE but i decided it could be a hassle if i want to take out the bay for some reason, but it DOES fit in the cage.

Seal

Post by Seal » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:53 am

Image woowoo!!!! /me drools continually... i want one! Cant find any stockists in england though, looks like i might have to ge it imported.

Mr Flibble

Post by Mr Flibble » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:56 am

Perhaps we could start pestering a D-tek stockist to suggest they get them in? I guess it's between over-clock.co.uk and overclock.co.uk. I'll probably email both :wink:

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:44 am

D-tek reports that they do have them, or will very shortly.

(Ed, you want to confirm that for me? :lol: )

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:56 pm

In an e-mail from [email protected], dated Monday, July 12th, at 11:09PM:

HI Edward,

They are in stock now. It is just there is some delays in shipment since we are still getting pre-orders out.

Thanks,
Danny Salandra
CEO
www.dtekcustoms.com
Office: 909-273-0067
Fax: 909-273-0092

DrCR

Post by DrCR » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:19 pm

The anodizing process probably slowed things down as well. lol :mrgreen: Sure looks nice though.

Excellent pump for their size. Quiet, small,.... watercooled 'destop replacement' laptop anyone?! :D :idea:

DrCR

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:22 pm

They're spec'd for, "only," 120gph, but they still ahve me interested, since there's always the option to utilize multiple units.

I think my first water cooling system will turn out pretty interesting...

Seal

Post by Seal » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:41 am

What are eheim 1048's spec'd at? I think its about the same as that isnt it? or just under?

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:05 am

Nar...

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Edward Ng on Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:09 am

Seal wrote:What are eheim 1048's spec'd at? I think its about the same as that isnt it? or just under?
The 1048's specs are 158gph, and a dead head of 59"
The CSP750's specs are 120gph, and a head of 74"

:lol:

By comparison, the eheim 1000 that is in the reserator is about the same as the CSP750 in terms of size, noise and wattage. It's spec's are 80gph and a head of 18".

Seal

Post by Seal » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:32 am

dead head?

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:52 am

Not to be confused with how Ralf spent the 70's, "dead head" is height to which a pump can push water until the flow "dies" (hits zero)

(civil engineers tend to call it "dead head", as opposed to just "head" as WC'ers usually do..that's probably where I picked up the odd term)

Although we're not talking pumping water uphill in our systems, it is a rough guide to compare how well different pump can deal with flow restrictions.

chylld

Post by chylld » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:27 pm

Rusty075 wrote:Not to be confused with how Ralf spent the 70's, "dead head" is height to which a pump can push water until the flow "dies" (hits zero)
:lol: :lol: :lol: